"AVAILABLE FOR IN-STORE PICKUP ONLY" items — Micro Center

"AVAILABLE FOR IN-STORE PICKUP ONLY" items

I'm shopping for two ASUS B450-I ROG Strix motherboards. Several of your stores have them in stock but can't be ordered online as they're marked "in store pickup only". Why is this? Along with the motherboards I'd probably order the CPU's, RAM, NVME's, and GPU's from your store. Don't you want my money? It's frustrating because these MB's are hard to find and Micro Center has several of them in stock.

Best Answer

Answers

• Thanks for the quick reply. The only feedback that I have for is that you have a potential customer ready to buy parts for two PC builds and he can't from your store due to this restriction. No hard feelings if you don't change your policy, of course. Just be aware that if you need new customers you're leaving some web sales on the table.
  • Hello Chris! Welcome to the Community. 

I do understand your frustration, especially if you're not in driving distance of a store. The primary reason is that we don't actually ship out of our stores directly, we have several distribution centers that handle our shipping orders and they do not stock the in-store only products. As for why they don't stock them, the simple answer is that Micro Center has made a decision as a company to have some parts and systems be for in-store pickup only.