Changing PowerSpec ATX 767C Case fans

Options
Hey guys and gals. I have a Powerspec G428 that was purchased a few years ago. I7 7700k, gtx 1080ti etc. Its in the standard powerspec case (PowerSpec ATX 767C). Since new it has run hot. 80c-95c but has not had any issues otherwise. One of the fans is starting to go, so I figured it was a good time to replace them with better fans and add some where possible. I'm just trying to find out what size fans fit, and if its it's possible to add some to the top (or elsewhere) and what size those would be . Unfortunately tech support wasnt able to help. Thanks!

Comments

• PowerSpec_MichaelB
    PowerSpec_MichaelB ✭✭✭✭✭
    First Answer 5 Insightfuls First Comment 5 Awesomes
    edited April 2020
    Options
    Welcome to the forum, Leverlution. The G428's 767C chassis supports 2 120mm fans by default. One in the front, one in the rear. While the top has perforated mesh to allow for some air intake/exhaust, it lacks the required cutouts for mounting fans.

The side panel does have two additional 120mm fan mounts, but you need to be careful with the cable routing when sliding the panel on and off, as well as clearance with the Hyper 212 Evo heatsink and GPU. For the most part, you shouldn't run into any clearance issues if you added standard thickness 120mm fans (25mm). As for recommendations, anything rated for raw airflow would be better than fans rated for static pressure. There isn't much obstruction, so the airflow would be better in general for this chassis design.

I personally enjoy the Corsair Maglev fans as well as their AF120's, but I've also heard good things about Coolermaster's Masterfan series. Noctua makes some of the best fans around, but unfortunately they are often sold out due to their very high demand. They are also very pricey as they are an enthusiast grade fan.

I've provided scans of the installation manual below should you need them. Best of luck!

• doobybap
    Options
    hi @TSMichaelB do you have scans of the whole manual? I am trying to fix a gtx 3080 in the case and want to find out if I can remove the back or not. Thank you in advance :)
We love seeing what our customers build

Submit photos and a description of your PC to our build showcase

Submit Now
Looking for a little inspiration?

See other custom PC builds and get some ideas for what can be done

View Build Showcase

SAME DAY CUSTOM BUILD SERVICE

If You Can Dream it, We Can Build it.

Services starting at $149.99