compguy1
edited April 2020 in General Discussion
Bought some parts 2 days ago
cpu: 2600x
ram cruical ballistix gaming 3200
mobo: asrock b40m pro4
psu: evga 650w bronze
ssd: 480 inland pro
gpu: just a  rx460 for now but I know it works because I only swapped it out from another computer a day ago. 
for the last two days I have been having hell just trying to build this system. 
I put it together and it would load the bios fine, install windows fine but when it went to get ready it would always restart. I finally got an error code when installing after 10x times and it said memory or ssd so I went back to the store and exchanged the ram/ssd for the same ones and bought a case speaker. get back one short beep, tried memory profiles, manual timing changes, one short beep. so I replaced the motherboard with a gigabyte b450 DS3h, same 1 short beep. so I replaced the ram with corsair vengeance 3000. one short beep so I guess I am about to go back for a 5th time and this time replace the mobo and the cpu because I have no idea what else to do. 

Comments

• TSTonyV
    TSTonyV ✭✭✭✭✭
    First Anniversary 5 Likes First Comment First Answer
    edited April 2020
    Hello @compgu1! Welcome to the Community. 

Unless you're REALLY unlucky and got a handful of bad RAM sticks or boards all in a row, this definitely sounds like a CPU issue to me. If you haven't yet done that exchange, I'd definitely get it swapped out. It's probably an issue with the memory controller on the CPU itself, which would explain why it popped a memory related error in the first place. 
We love seeing what our customers build

Submit photos and a description of your PC to our build showcase

Submit Now
Looking for a little inspiration?

See other custom PC builds and get some ideas for what can be done

View Build Showcase

SAME DAY CUSTOM BUILD SERVICE

If You Can Dream it, We Can Build it.

Services starting at $149.99