What to do when missing product from pickup order?

Options
mrich
mrich
First Comment
I picked up an order from the Microcenter in Duluth yesterday and when I got home and started to work on putting things together later that evening I found that the sticks of RAM was missing fromthe bag.  I assume that when the rep bagged it up that he left it laying on the table and neither of us noticed because he had to walk around the plexiglass to hand it to me.  What can I do to get the missing RAM?  The order ref # is [removed for privacy reasons] and it's G.SKILL 32GB 2X16 D4 3600 CL16 RJ (SKU 010496) that I am missing.  Thanks.

Best Answer

• mrich
    mrich
    First Comment
    Answer ✓
    Options
    Just a quick follow up.  A rep from the Duluth store called me on Friday and left me a voicemail (I was in a meeting at work, sorry) and apologized for the issue I had and that I'd be getting the memory the next day and sure enough when I went out Saturday morning there was a FedEx package laying at my door w/ the RAM in it, so many thanks to the Duluth store for helping me resolved this issue!

Answers

• mrich
    Options
    So the phones to the Duluth store are basically blocked with a persistent message that all the hold slots are filled and it directs us here but no response?  The weekend is about over the the store closes in about 2 hours and I can't waste 2 hours of time driving to and fro the store if I'm going to get down there to likely be accused that I'm trying to score me an extra set of RAM, all the while I have a brand new MB and 3900x sitting in it's case that I cannot use because my sticks are either still laying on the desk or put back in the stock room behind the counter.  Some assistance would be nice as it will be hard to get down there until next weekend after the store closes today...
  • TSTonyV
    TSTonyV ✭✭✭✭✭
    First Anniversary 5 Likes First Comment First Answer
    edited April 2020
    Options
    Hello @mrich! Welcome to the Community. I looked up your reference number and found the email you sent us about this, I'm going to you respond to you via email as well as here just to be safe.  I also removed your reference number from your post, for privacy reasons. 

Normally we recommend you come back to the store for your products, but given how far away you live, I am going to pass your information to our managers at the store to have them reach out to you. They may still need you to come directly into the store, but at the very least we can ensure you'll be able to get the right product and get things straightened out beforehand. Let us know if you have any other questions. 
  • mrich
    Options
    Thanks for the reply.  I do not have any issue coming back down to get the part, it will just have to be later in the week or maybe even the weekend.  I'll wait to hear back from the store to determine what to do next.
  • TSTonyV
    TSTonyV ✭✭✭✭✭
    First Anniversary 5 Likes First Comment First Answer
    Options
    Great. Let us know if you have any other questions!
  • mrich
    Options
    Any idea how long it should take to get a response from the store?  It's midweek so I'm trying to figure out if I should plan to take the trip to the the store this weekend or not...
  • TSAustinM
    Options
    @mrich, Normally these requests are responded to within 24hrs but due to current events and how busy the stores are it could be a bit longer for a manager to get back to you on this. 
We love seeing what our customers build

Submit photos and a description of your PC to our build showcase

Submit Now
Looking for a little inspiration?

See other custom PC builds and get some ideas for what can be done

View Build Showcase

SAME DAY CUSTOM BUILD SERVICE

If You Can Dream it, We Can Build it.

Services starting at $149.99