Rate Build Please

Comments

• Ian
    Ian admin
    5 Insightfuls 5 Likes First Anniversary 5 LOLs
    Greetings. I am wondering if part of your post got cut off, if you are just using it for Hyper-V, yes it meets the requirements for that. 
  • 2 Things. the Powerspec Gold 650W is a better PSU and get a SSD or M.2. it will speed things up alot.
  • PowerSpec_MichaelB
    PowerSpec_MichaelB ✭✭✭✭✭
    First Answer 5 Insightfuls First Comment 5 Awesomes
    CAKES said:
    It will work fine for Hyper V. I also agree with @xcore in regards to getting an SSD, it's definitely worth the investment. I see you have a Hyper 212 Black Edition cooler on this build. Unless you are buying it for the aesthetics, it's honestly not that much better than the stock cooler that comes with the CPU, so you can save an extra $50 between the cooler and thermal paste if you use the stock solution and put that money towards an SSD.

If you don't need PCIe 4.0 yet, you can also save money using a B450 board: https://www.microcenter.com/product/509723/msi-b450-tomahawk-amd-am4-atx-motherboard. This would save you some extra money that you can put towards even larger storage or maybe even a faster graphics card or better monitor. 

Your build has a ton of flexibility, so there are definitely areas to change the build if you need to do so. Also, if you go with MSI, remember that enabling Hyper V can be pretty tricky on their boards. You have to go to Overclocking > OC Explore Mode, change it to Expert Mode, scroll down to the CPU Features options, select SVM Mode, then change that to Enable. Save your settings afterwards and you should be good to go.
We love seeing what our customers build

Submit photos and a description of your PC to our build showcase

Submit Now
Looking for a little inspiration?

See other custom PC builds and get some ideas for what can be done

View Build Showcase

SAME DAY CUSTOM BUILD SERVICE

If You Can Dream it, We Can Build it.

Services starting at $149.99