What Should I do? I need help.

Options
(I'm so sorry about my broken English. I'm still learning it.)
I built my computer on my own three months ago.
I bought my mother board as open box from Microcenter.
one week ago, it made a loud noise and my monitor showed me monitor no signal.
I thought it might be problem on mother board.
I contacted with ASRock to send it for RMA. But they said to me that I need to contact with Micro center first.
So, today I contacted with Micro center tech support team. Here is what I got from micro center.
Unfortunately, Micro Center does not facilitate ASRock warranty. The warranty is facilitated buy the manufacture, ASRock.
I don't know what to do because this is the first time. Please give me some advice. :'(

Comments

• gpoh508
    Options
    and...this is what I got from ASRock :'(
    Hi,

Unfortunately, we do not provide any warranty coverage for open box items or refurbished units.

Thank you!

• PowerSpec_MichaelB
    PowerSpec_MichaelB ✭✭✭✭✭
    First Answer 5 Insightfuls First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Options
    Greetings Gpoh508. I am sorry to hear you are having issues obtaining an RMA repair/replacement for your failing motherboard. When you reached out to ASRock's support, did they provide a quote from their RMA/Warranty Policy? https://www.asrock.com/support/index.us.asp?cat=Policy. Looking through this policy, I do not see any mention of Open Box products being exempt from warranty service. I know several years ago this was in their terms with the specific verbiage being: " All RMA requested products with any physical damage, bent pins, purchased as open box, or without a valid invoice/receipt is treated as out of warranty. RMA out of warranty products, ASRock will charge $50 Labor & Service fee*/each and provide 3 months warranty for the above replacement product." however this has since been removed.

I have your purchase information pulled up from your email, I'll forward that over to your local Micro Center's management team to see if they can provide assistance on this matter. Understand that with the COVID-19 pandemic, the management team is very busy so it may take some time for them to reach out. In the meantime, I would recommend reaching back out to ASRock to see if they have any updated policy documentation to clarify their warranty stance on open box products. Such information should be publicly available.
  • gpoh508
    gpoh508
    First Comment
    edited April 2020
    Options
    Thank you so much for your reply. 
    As you said, I sent an email again to ASRock and today I got an email from ASRock they don't have policies for openbox.
    They keep telling me that this problem should be dealt with Micro center and You guys tell me to talk  again to ASRock. 
    So I'm really confused and frustrated about this situation.
    When I bought x570 taichi as an open box from Micro Center, it said manufacturer warranty applies and now that there is an issue, both Micro Center and ASRock are saying none of them are responsible.
    So is there no way for me to get a RMA service?
  • PowerSpec_MichaelB
    PowerSpec_MichaelB ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I cannot speak on ASRock's behalf, I just find it odd that they are claiming it's against their policy when their policy does not explicitly state such. It's difficult for customers to understand their warranty limitations when such limitations are kept in the dark. I sent an email over to your local Micro Center store on Tuesday. Did you receive any emails from the Paterson management team? It may take them a little while to respond due to the pandemic, but if you do not hear back relatively soon, let us know.
  • gpoh508
    Options
    Thank you so much for your quick reply TSMMichaleB. :)
    I didn't receive any email from the Paterson management team yet but I understand that everyone is really busy nowadays.
    So, I will let you know if I won't get an email until next monday. 
    And I attached what I found from ASRock's homepage about openbox. :'(
  • PowerSpec_MichaelB
    PowerSpec_MichaelB ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    gpoh508 said:
    Thank you so much for your quick reply TSMMichaleB. :)
    I didn't receive any email from the Paterson management team yet but I understand that everyone is really busy nowadays.
    So, I will let you know if I won't get an email until next monday. 
    And I attached what I found from ASRock's homepage about openbox. :'(
    Thank you for that information. It appears they list the information on their RMA request page, but not the RMA policy page. https://event.asrock.com/usRMA/register.asp. This explains the initial confusion. I'll be keeping a very close eye on this case. If you do not hear back from the Paterson management team by next Monday, let us know and we will see what we can do for you from there.
We love seeing what our customers build

Submit photos and a description of your PC to our build showcase

Submit Now
Looking for a little inspiration?

See other custom PC builds and get some ideas for what can be done

View Build Showcase

SAME DAY CUSTOM BUILD SERVICE

If You Can Dream it, We Can Build it.

Services starting at $149.99