Reserved Items.

Options
Yesterday at about 2AM I made a reservation for a PowerColor 5700 at the Tustin MicroCenter. Today I received an email letting me know the item was not in stock anymore. All of yesterday I tried to contact the store through phone and live chat. This is a really disappointing first experience. I wish I would’ve known that I would’ve had a better chance getting my reserved item by not getting waiting for my in store pick up email. So am I SOL here? 

Comments

• TS_EmileC
    Options
    Hello Juan. We apologize for the inconvenience of your reservation not being fulfilled for your first experience. We have been receiving an increase in online reservations at this time. Our phone lines have been extremely long from the increase of service calls and requests as well. At this time, other comparable graphic cards that would provide similar specs in relation to the 5700, are out of stock. Upon availability, the one I would highly recommend that you check out is the 2070 Super Overclocked Dual-Fan 8GB model. It provides the same amount of connections, draws less power from the system and is already overclocked for better performance.
  • JuanCova
    Options
    TS_EmileC said:
    Hello Juan. We apologize for the inconvenience of your reservation not being fulfilled for your first experience. We have been receiving an increase in online reservations at this time. Our phone lines have been extremely long from the increase of service calls and requests as well. At this time, other comparable graphic cards that would provide similar specs in relation to the 5700, are out of stock. Upon availability, the one I would highly recommend that you check out is the 2070 Super Overclocked Dual-Fan 8GB model. It provides the same amount of connections, draws less power from the system and is already overclocked for better performance.
     Would you suggest that next time instead of waiting for my pick up email I should just head there instead?
  • AlexS
    Options
    JuanCova said:
    TS_EmileC said:
     Would you suggest that next time instead of waiting for my pick up email I should just head there instead?
    Hello @JuanCova, while we have the reservation system in place, I would suggest heading to the store to just pick them item up off the shelf.  While our teams are working their best to try to fulfill the influx of requests sent to the store, if you do see an item listed in-stock on the website, I'd suggest just going in, entering the waitlist when you arrive and when texted to come in, providing the SKU to a sales consultant so they can help you get the item.  We apologize for the inconvenience.  
  • mikejm1393
    Options
    I placed an in store pick up order yesterday morning (have yet to receive my email going on ~30 hours) and now the item is shown as out of stock. Does my order decrement the qty in stock or did they sell the item that I had placed an order for? If not, shouldn't there be a system in place to prevent sales of products that have already been purchased?
  • TS_BryantA
    Options
    @mikejm1393
    Good afternoon and thank you for contacting us regarding your order. Unfortunately with some locations, we are receiving a high enough volumes of orders that some are unable to be fulfilled. When orders are placed it goes through to be processed and picked up by one of our sales consultants from the shelves in the order the orders have been received. There is a chance that product may be picked up before some orders are fulfilled. If the order is unable to be fulfilled it does get cancelled automatically after 3 days to ensure the charge to hold the product is dropped. 

As for the quantity listed in stock, when an item is reserved and confirmed, it is taken from inventory, so this item will no longer show as available and is taken off the sales floor. 

I apologize if your order has not been confirmed or was unable to be fulfilled, though if you Direct Message me I will be happy to check and confirm if your order was or was not able to be processed. 
  • Ed_Baker
    Ed_Baker
    First Comment
    edited April 2020
    Options
    Hi,
    Since there's no button to start a new thread, can you please address my issue here?  I tried calling the store but it's clearly impossible to communicate that way.  I wasn't even allowed to wait - it just said the queue was full and to come here for assistance.

I'm a first (and maybe last) time shopper.  I reserved an item at your Dallas location last night.  I also applied for your credit card/24 month no interest in order to make my purchase.  I've received no communication regarding the reservation and now the item shows 0 in stock online.  I ONLY applied for your credit card to buy the tv you showed you had in stock. 

Sooooo, if the tv is not available, will you be removing the credit line and inquiry from my credit report? 

Also, other stores show you have my item in stock.  Why can't it be shipped to me?

Frustrated.  Please help?
    Ed
  • TS_BryantA
    Options
    @Ed_Baker
    Good evening and thank you for contacting us through the Micro Center Community. I understand that unfortunately it is difficult to contact us due to the volume of calls, text, online chats and emails being received and thank you for your patience in these difficult times. Due to the quantities of orders received some orders may have not have been able to be fulfilled, though if you Direct Message me I will be happy to check your order number and see if your order has been processed. 

As for the credit card applied for once you have applied for the card the inquiry would not be able to be removed, though the card may of course be cancelled at any time. For cancellations of the Micro Center Credit Card you may contact Wells Fargo directly at 800-459-8451, as they handle all Micro Center Credit Card accounts.  Know also that these accounts may only be utilized the day of approval in store at the time of purchase, or after the credit card has been received within 15-30 days of the approval. 

I apologize again for the inconvenience with this order and would ask again to Direct Message me with your order information to review this further. 
  • Ed_Baker
    Ed_Baker
    First Comment
    edited April 2020
    Options
    The order number is <removed>.
  • Ed_Baker
    Options
    So no response?
  • Ed_Baker
    Options
    <chirp>
    <chirp>
    Anyone?
  • Ed_Baker
    Options
    I'm not sure how to take the silence except to assume the customer means very little to Micro Center.
    Buyer beware...
  • TS_BryantA
    Options
    @Ed_Baker
    Good evening, I apologize for the delay as I do not receive notifications regarding posts here, though Direct Messages as requested I do receive a notification. To do so, click the Icon next to my name which will show you my profile, and if you select message, this will notify me directly. 

After reviewing your reservation, I do see that the order was cancelled due to lack of inventory at the time the order was attempted to be fulfilled. Checking inventory now though it does show that one is currently in stock. If you place the order now this location will confirm if the item is available, and if not a cancellation would be sent though if available you would receive a confirmation email. 
    https://www.microcenter.com/product/604231/samsung-qn75q70rafxza-75-class-(745-diag)-4k-ultra-hd-hdr-smart-qled-tv

If you would like to apply your Micro Center Credit Card though as mentioned on your previous post, I would hold off on making the purchase until that card is received by mail. 
  • Ed_Baker
    Ed_Baker
    First Comment
    edited April 2020
    Options
    Why?  The email for the credit I already applied and got approved for from my first cancelled reservation states I can come in-store and use the email for my purchase with 2 forms of identification.
  • TSKyleH
    Options
    Ed_Baker said:
    Why?  The email for the credit I already applied and got approved for from my first cancelled reservation states I can come in-store and use the email for my purchase with 2 forms of identification.
    This is correct, you will need to bring your approval notice and two forms of ID. This will allow us to generate a one time bar code to tie the purchase to the account, however, after this purchase you will need to wait for the credit card.
  • Ed_Baker
    Ed_Baker
    First Comment
    edited May 2020
    Options
    So I did as you said and reserved the item again.  Can you give me a status?
    <Image removed>

• Aidonor
    Options
    I also had an order that got cancelled because someone failed to pull a laptop in time and no reserving does not decrement the online availability until someone pulls it from the floor it seems.  The number did not go down when i "RESERVED" mine so there really is no reservation system since there's no guarantee and 12 others could have reserved the same item before you and it still be "in stock" it seems.  The laptop was still in stock the next morning so there was at least half a day where someone could have pulled my order.  I would like to suggest you guys update your online ordering system.  I am a small business owner and even our online system reserves the items so they can't be sold once ordered through the online system.  In the rare cases we've had oversell we go to the trouble of finding the item if it is available (and there are more in other stores of the one I ordered 6 day later) We witnessed at the store that associates were not pulling orders while we waited for an item the other day and the desk staff had to scramble to get items for the large line of those of us who tried to make things easier by ordering online.  The lack of being able to finalize an order and just pick up (you could do curbside pickup and people wouldn't even have to come inside) and go is surprising for a technology company.  When I suggested curbside pickup to alleviate the line and allow more people to be served faster I got a blank look and was told "we don't have a register outside".  Other companies from large chains to Independents are working from tablets and able to supply curbside pickups and make sure that online orders get to customers accurately.  What I want to do is suggest you review your online tools and improve them to, at least, what small businesses can do with something as simple as square or other POS systems. I can't even get in contact with the store to try and see if the same laptop can be acquired from another location with them in stock since it's not available on the online store to order and ship.  I'd even supply the shipping label and cover packaging.  As much as I've used and liked Microcenter I am severely disappointed at the poor service, not by the workers, but by the corporation and the tools that are supplied.  When I order online I want to pay for my item to guarantee it is removed from inventory.  In this situation, someone should be dedicated to pulling orders and should be coming in at least an hour before opening to pull the overnight orders before opening. If you could bring orders out to the curb you wouldn't have hour long waits since the regular checkout line was almost empty but the online pickup was backed up when we were there and other friends have said the same when they've gone.  We ordered a couple monitors to pick up with the laptop that got cancelled so now I have to decide if they're worth the hour drive and hour wait and whether to take the chance they get sold on me before I get there.
  • TSKyleH
    Options
    Thank you for your feedback Aidonor, we are always looking to expand our services. We have been experimenting with curbside pickup at a few of our locations, and I agree that its getting positive results. I will certainly see if we can improving our inventory system to reflect pending orders, in the mean time I would recommend coming in and seeing all of our options available for purchase off the shelf. 
  • Ed_Baker
    Ed_Baker
    First Comment
    edited May 2020
    Options
    Aidonor, it's telling when you jump through a company's hoops for an item and they're not willing to ship or acquire from stock at another store although you ordered and reserved with a credit card in good faith.  I'm a potential first time customer who also acquired their credit card which suggests I'd be a return buyer.  My first purchase was attempted for almost $1700.  You would think they would do everything in their power to make sure my first buying experience is a good one.  I can say without a doubt if I can't get the tv I've already reserved twice, I will be cancelling the card and never consider Micro Center again.  I came to this site on a referral from Samsung's site.  I will also be contacting Samsung regarding my experience here.  Surely Samsung holds itself and retailer referrals to a higher standard.  Make this right Micro Center.  Good customer service goes a long way.  

Does Micro Center upper management even bother to look here?  This is your reputation.  Your customer base.  It should matter.   
  • C0v3rt_X
    C0v3rt_X ✭✭
    First Anniversary 5 Likes First Answer Name Dropper
    edited May 2020
    Options
    JuanCova said:
    TS_EmileC said:

Dude, its always better to go in the store and grab the item yourself instead of reserving items. COVID-19 has caused some shakeups and MC is working hard to adjust to these times. I live literally 5 minutes from one. But if you are going to reserve an item, please stay at home and wait for the email. The MC Parkville I go to, I show them the email I got through my phone to save paper. They will ask for your name and what you ordered. But if I was you in these times, just go and find the item yourself. The associates can help you locate it quickly.
  • C0v3rt_X
    Options
    Ed_Baker said:
    I'm not sure how to take the silence except to assume the customer means very little to Micro Center.
    Buyer beware...
    Ed with all due respect, you understand MC is a busy store right? You think they can drop whatever they are doing for you? I can suggest waiting and have some patience my friend. It will go a long way. Spamming a comment thread is childish.

• AntoineYetts
    edited May 2020
    Options
    So from my experience before covid all businesses were doing better micro center has some of the best deals and are willing to work with you regardless to what goes on and they have a forum for one on one conversations so thank you for what you all are doing amidst this crisis. I see the best advice for anyone paying with an debit or credit card that’s not attached to micro center wait for your email yes the inventory system could be better; the best advice I have is look at the prices online through micro center screen shot or print out prices and items go in the store and shop and have you a plan A and plan B that’s something you should do regardless. As consumers in this world we are so lazy and depend on the store for security which is only right, safety and much more to the point we get mad when they don’t have something in stock I’ve experience this with big companies before covid so let’s not attack micro center at the end of the day they’re trying there best to maintain. Texting the store doesn’t work either I don’t know who works on that but calling and texting won’t work at least at the Madison Heights, MI location 
  • TSTonyV
    TSTonyV ✭✭✭✭✭
    First Anniversary 5 Likes First Comment First Answer
    Options
    Ed_Baker said:
    Aidonor, it's telling when you jump through a company's hoops for an item and they're not willing to ship or acquire from stock at another store although you ordered and reserved with a credit card in good faith.  I'm a potential first time customer who also acquired their credit card which suggests I'd be a return buyer.  My first purchase was attempted for almost $1700.  You would think they would do everything in their power to make sure my first buying experience is a good one.  I can say without a doubt if I can't get the tv I've already reserved twice, I will be cancelling the card and never consider Micro Center again.  I came to this site on a referral from Samsung's site.  I will also be contacting Samsung regarding my experience here.  Surely Samsung holds itself and retailer referrals to a higher standard.  Make this right Micro Center.  Good customer service goes a long way.  

Does Micro Center upper management even bother to look here?  This is your reputation.  Your customer base.  It should matter.   
    I do understand your frustration, unfortunately this pandemic has just kind of turned things on their head. We've had an extremely high volume of reservations being placed every single day since the outbreak started and at some locations the volume is so high that we have not been able to process them in a timely fashion.  I know it's frustrating as a customer to experience this and believe me, this isn't the experience we want people to have. We only have so many resources available on top of everything else going on and that unfortunately means service has not always lived up to the standards we hold ourselves to. I know this doesn't magically make things better, we just appreciate any patience and understanding you can have. 

I can assure you we are paying very close attention to the feedback we're getting from customers through every channel, including the community here. Under normal circumstances, none of these issues would be happening, but things are very not normal right now. I apologize that this is your first experience, this whole situation is unprecedented and we're doing everything we can to keep things running as smoothly as possible, and to make sure we're able to remain open and available for people. 
  • JCKnorr
    Options

Placed reservation last night @ 8:30 pm.  It now 2pm … still no email one way or the other.  Can't call in the queue is full and it disconnects. Waiting on 2 - AOC 27 inch Monitors  order # ending in *** 5052  Madison Heights, MI store

• TSKyleH
    Options
    JCKnorr said:

Placed reservation last night @ 8:30 pm.  It now 2pm … still no email one way or the other.  Can't call in the queue is full and it disconnects. Waiting on 2 - AOC 27 inch Monitors  order # ending in *** 5052  Madison Heights, MI store

I am sorry for the inconvenience, we have been backed up so its certainly  taking a lot longer than normal to fully process orders. We would be happy to check on the status if you still haven't received the confirmation. Please text us or dm me the order number and we can certainly confirm if its in our system. Once the email arrives you would have three days to pick up the items.
We love seeing what our customers build

Submit photos and a description of your PC to our build showcase

Submit Now
Looking for a little inspiration?

See other custom PC builds and get some ideas for what can be done

View Build Showcase

SAME DAY CUSTOM BUILD SERVICE

If You Can Dream it, We Can Build it.

Services starting at $149.99