Plex server/Channels DVR Server refresh

Options
Greetings all,
I am updating my media server from a haswell i3. I am keeping all storage, Windows 10 pro. I only use graphics local to setup and service the machine and have been using the onboard. I am looking at the following  and perhaps a new power supply.
https://www.microcenter.com/site/content/custom-pc-builder.aspx?load=7e4767f3-0515-4b51-8aab-8be1721a60c1
It seems I will need to purchase a graphics card?? Am I better off going with Intel? Plenty of used cards online local or should I consider something  new?
Listening to all suggestions. 
Thanks,
Gordy

Comments

• TSTonyV
    TSTonyV ✭✭✭✭✭
    First Anniversary 5 Likes First Comment First Answer
    Options
    Hello @Gordy! Welcome to the Community. 

If you go with a Ryzen 5 3600 you'll need to supply some kind of graphics card because the 3600 does not have integrated graphics. If the only thing you need a graphics card for is to just view your screen, then you can go with something really basic like a GT 710, or if you have an older card that still works you could potentially use that.

You also have the option of switching to a Ryzen 5 3400G instead. You lose a couple of cores vs the 3600, but gain integrated graphics on the processor so no extra video card required. Honestly this is probably the option I'd go with. No matter what you choose it'll be a pretty significant upgrade over an i3 Haswell. 
  • Gordy
    Options
We love seeing what our customers build

Submit photos and a description of your PC to our build showcase

Submit Now
Looking for a little inspiration?

See other custom PC builds and get some ideas for what can be done

View Build Showcase

SAME DAY CUSTOM BUILD SERVICE

If You Can Dream it, We Can Build it.

Services starting at $149.99