Looking for a laptop

Options

Comments

• jackie
    Options
    looking for a laptop for my 80 year old Dad...he typically uses it for surfing internet, watch podcasts and play music, although he does not down load any.  just need a pretty simply one--not too expensive.  Can you give me some ideas of what to look for?  Thanks!

• TSTonyV
    TSTonyV ✭✭✭✭✭
    First Anniversary 5 Likes First Comment First Answer
    edited May 2020
    Options
    Hello @jackie! Welcome to the Community. I split your comment out into its own discussion to make it a little easier to keep track of. 

We have a lot of laptops available that would suit those purposes. If he doesn't download much or need a lot of storage, I would definitely recommend getting something with an SSD, as SSDs help everything run very quick and smooth. This link will show you the laptops we carry between $400-500 that have SSDs, I think this would be a good starting point:

https://www.microcenter.com/search/search_results.aspx?Ntk=all&sortby=match&N=4294967288+4294818055+4294819900+42&myStore=true

• C0v3rt_X
    Options
    jackie said:
    looking for a laptop for my 80 year old Dad...he typically uses it for surfing internet, watch podcasts and play music, although he does not down load any.  just need a pretty simply one--not too expensive.  Can you give me some ideas of what to look for?  Thanks!

Hello Jackie. Always remember this saying "you get what you paid for". Given your needs, I can suggest a Intel core i3 laptop with a minimum 256 GB SSD. Micro Center has some great deals. Check them out! Or you can look into the refurbished deals. I purchase what used to be an approx $1,200 HP business laptop for $550 with tax at Micro center. It has a Intel core i7, 512 GB SSD storage and other goodies.
We love seeing what our customers build

Submit photos and a description of your PC to our build showcase

Submit Now
Looking for a little inspiration?

See other custom PC builds and get some ideas for what can be done

View Build Showcase

SAME DAY CUSTOM BUILD SERVICE

If You Can Dream it, We Can Build it.

Services starting at $149.99