Should I do it myself?

Options
Hi there. I'm looking to replace my hard drive with a SATA ssd, and upgrade memory on my laptop. Is this something most people can do themselves? If not, how much would it cost for me to bring it to your service department and have you guys do it? 
Thanks so much :)
J

Comments

• TSTonyV
    TSTonyV ✭✭✭✭✭
    First Anniversary 5 Likes First Comment First Answer
    Options
    Hello @JGervais! Welcome to the Community. 

Many manufacturers have service manuals available on their support pages, and there are a lot of tutorials for things like this you can find on youtube. Depending on exactly which laptop you have, it may be fairly simple. 

If you bring it to Microcenter, labor charges for internal SSD installation are $99.99 and RAM is $19.99
  • JGervais
    Options
    Thanks so much!
  • JGervais
    Options
    One more question, my apologies. Does the $99 include cloning the data from my hard drive to the SSD? 

• TSTonyV
    TSTonyV ✭✭✭✭✭
    First Anniversary 5 Likes First Comment First Answer
    Options
    It does not unfortunately. Any kind of data transfer is a separate charge. I'm not sure off the top of my head if cloning is a service we offer or not though. 
  • C0v3rt_X
    Options
    JGervais said:
    Hi there. I'm looking to replace my hard drive with a SATA ssd, and upgrade memory on my laptop. Is this something most people can do themselves? If not, how much would it cost for me to bring it to your service department and have you guys do it? 
    Thanks so much :)
    J
    Ah you can fix it yourself and save your money. Watch YouTube about the model of your laptop. As for data tranfer that is very simple to do. The internet is full of resources for you. I did it on mines.

We love seeing what our customers build

Submit photos and a description of your PC to our build showcase

Submit Now
Looking for a little inspiration?

See other custom PC builds and get some ideas for what can be done

View Build Showcase

SAME DAY CUSTOM BUILD SERVICE

If You Can Dream it, We Can Build it.

Services starting at $149.99