Can you recommend a PC that can run a 4 monitor setup

Options

Comments

• kgm
    Options
    Can you recommend a PC that can a 4 monitor setup?   To be used for WFH, where I would remote into my PC at my office and run applications on that computer, mainly spreadsheets and financial data.   In my haste to get something working I bought an HP Pavillion 590 that I believe only allows for two monitors (Intel UHD Graphics 630 Card) 1 HDMI port, 1 VGA port.   Could I expand the monitor number to 4 with a new graphics card, but assume I am limited by the lack of ports?   THanks
  • TSTonyV
    TSTonyV ✭✭✭✭✭
    First Anniversary 5 Likes First Comment First Answer
    edited May 2020
    Options
    Hello @kgm! Welcome to the Community. I split your comment into its own discussion to keep track of it better. 

You are correct in that you'll only be able to run two monitors off the integrated graphics on that system. Adding a video card would allow you to expand the number of monitors you can use. You could either get a video card that can support four monitors on its own, or set up your computer to use both integrated graphics and a separate video card at the same time. I think the latter option is the probably the best because you can go with a less expensive card like a Geforce GT710
  • kgm
    kgm
    First Comment
    edited May 2020
    Options
    Thank you.  That is very helpful.  I am thinking it might be easier for me on the back end to get just one new video card that could handle 4 monitors directly.  I'm guessing that the RTX 580 ($185)would work based on 4 ports?  In terms of installation, is that something you could do in the store?   I am guessing installing it myself might get me in over my head.  I currently have 2 of these monitors LG 24" Monitors (cheap $109 version) they seem to be sufficient so would add 2 more unless there is a better recommendation.  Two would connect via HDMI, two would connect DisplayPort to HDMI.  
  • Ian
    Ian admin
    First Anniversary 5 Insightfuls 5 Likes 5 LOLs
    Options
    Here are all the video cards we would sell that can support at least four monitors: https://www.microcenter.com/search/search_results.aspx?N=4294966937+4294818690+4294816611+4294818733&sortby=pricelow - select your local Micro Center at the top of the page and you can view their stock/availability and pricing.

The 580 should be fine, you will just want to make sure your power supply can handle the requirement of that video card. Do you happen to know the wattage of the supply in your PC? Also yes we can assist with installation of the card in store as well, no appointment is needed for store services.
  • kgm
    kgm
    First Comment
    edited May 2020
    Options
    https://support.hp.com/us-en/product/hp-pavilion-590-p0000-desktop-pc-series/19390500/model/21984403/document/c06000982
    This is computer I have.  I believe my current video card is "integrated"  The power supply "Internal 310W PSU, 310 W SFF (Gold) Full range 115v/230V, 90% effiecency.   I am open to to suggestions of a more appropriate card.  At what seems to be a 310 Watt power supply don't have enough as it seems many if not all of these cards require 450 or 500 watts.   Thanks again, this is very helpful.   
  • TSTonyV
    TSTonyV ✭✭✭✭✭
    First Anniversary 5 Likes First Comment First Answer
    Options
    In that case, I think your best option is to get one of our low-profile video cards like a Geforce GT710. It can run three monitors on its own and wouldn't need a PSU upgrade.

You should be able to set your computer's BIOS to use both the integrated graphics and a separate graphics card at the same time.
We love seeing what our customers build

Submit photos and a description of your PC to our build showcase

Submit Now
Looking for a little inspiration?

See other custom PC builds and get some ideas for what can be done

View Build Showcase

SAME DAY CUSTOM BUILD SERVICE

If You Can Dream it, We Can Build it.

Services starting at $149.99