New build wont post

Hi,

I just purchased the parts below and it will not post. I turn it on, fans turn on, MB LED turns o. The MB LED also fades in and out. All parts were bought from MC.
AMD Ryzen 5 3600X Matisse 3.8GHz 6-Core  
SKU: 951947

G.Skill Ripjaws V 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR4-3200 PC4-25600 CL16 Dual Channel Desktop Memory Kit F4-3200C16D-16GVKB - Black

Thermaltake V100 ATX Mid-Tower Computer Case - Black
Samsung 860 QVO 1TB SSD 4-bit QLC V-NAND SATA III 6Gb/s 2.5" Internal Solid State Drive
PowerSpec 650 Watt 80 Plus Gold ATX Fully Modular Power Supply
ASUS B450-Plus Prime AMD AM4 ATX Motherboard

Comments

• AlexS
    AlexS admin
    First Anniversary First Answer 5 Likes Micro Center Staff
    edited May 2020
    Greetings @Teddy Welcome to the Micro Center Community!  I'm sorry to hear the issues you're experiencing.  Can you try using this article to see if it may help and let us know the results?

How to Troubleshoot a Newly Built PC that will not POST/Boot/Power On

• TS_AlexS said:
    Greetings @Teddy Welcome to the Micro Center Community!  I'm sorry to hear the issues you're experiencing.  Can you try using this article to see if it may help and let us know the results?

How to Troubleshoot a Newly Built PC that will not POST/Boot/Power On

Hi Alex, yes I have. I even took one step further and went to Asus' website to troubleshoot. Can you confirm the memory I bought is compatible? i used your system builder tool and that is what came up. I went to Asus' site and technically that specific model is not listed, but i can understand not all models might be listed.
  • AlexS
    AlexS admin
    ASUS's website should have a Memory QVL on there.  I'll see if I can try to locate it.

Have you tried posting with just one stick of RAM and have you tried multiple slots? 
  • TS_AlexS said:
    ASUS's website should have a Memory QVL on there.  I'll see if I can try to locate it.

Have you tried posting with just one stick of RAM and have you tried multiple slots? 
    i checked asus' memory QVL and the specific ram i purchased is not listed. I have tried 1 stick, multiple slots. Did this with both sticks
  • I pulled memory from a 2nd AMD Ryzen 5 2XXX with a Asus B350 Prime MD, and DDR4- 2400 Corsair memory, put it to the new build and got the same result. I dont see this memory listed in the QVL either 
  • AlexS
    AlexS admin
    The QVL is a guide to go off.  Doesn't necessarily completely mean it's not compatible as I'm sure you know, but if you put different RAM and it was still not POSTing, that could lead to other possibilities such as a defective mobo.  Quick question, are you using a video card?
  • TS_AlexS said:
    The QVL is a guide to go off.  Doesn't necessarily completely mean it's not compatible as I'm sure you know, but if you put different RAM and it was still not POSTing, that could lead to other possibilities such as a defective mobo.  Quick question, are you using a video card?
    I did have one, but I have removed it. Same result
  • TSTonyV
    TSTonyV ✭✭✭✭✭
    First Anniversary 5 Likes First Comment First Answer
    edited May 2020
    The Ryzen 5 3600X doesn't have integrated graphics, so you have to use a video card with it if you want to get any display. Does the box for your motherboard say it's Ryzen 3000 series ready?
  • TSTonyV said:
    The Ryzen 5 3600X doesn't have integrated graphics, so you have to use a video card with it if you want to get any display. Does the box for your motherboard say it's Ryzen 3000 series ready?
    The box does. Let me pop my video card back in and re-test
  • Alex,
    Really appreciate your help. It posts now, keep this in mind for the next time. I tried an outlet upstairs and it will absolutely not post on that outlet, I moved the PC and Monitor to an office downstairs and it posts now. This is a new house built in 2017, so no idea what is going on with that outlet.
  • AlexS
    AlexS admin
    That's definitely a strange issue!  New house.  Poor powerline structure.  
    I'm glad it POSTs though!  Let us know if you have any other questions, @Teddy
We love seeing what our customers build

Submit photos and a description of your PC to our build showcase

Submit Now
Looking for a little inspiration?

See other custom PC builds and get some ideas for what can be done

View Build Showcase

SAME DAY CUSTOM BUILD SERVICE

If You Can Dream it, We Can Build it.

Services starting at $149.99