Why no curbside in Cambridge?!

Options
I have a big order ready for pickup in Cambridge. Why can't they bring it out? Why do I have to come in? I'm told to stay out of stores, so if you can't bring it out, I'll need to cancel it.
I'm going to drive there. But I won't come in. They have full hold queues on the phone so I can't even ask anyone.
It makes no sense. If there's less business, why don't you have extra people to help or man phones?
-Ambidexter

Comments

• Ambidexter
    Options
    Just came from Cambridge. Considering the number of people at the pickup window that I could see talking about Star Wars (yes, I am hearing impaired, and read lips), they could spare someone to take out curbside orders. So, I just canceled the order and will get my $1,200 order from Amazon...for less, BTW.
    Ambidexter
  • AlexS
    AlexS admin
    First Anniversary First Answer 5 Likes Micro Center Staff
    Options
    I have a big order ready for pickup in Cambridge. Why can't they bring it out? Why do I have to come in? I'm told to stay out of stores, so if you can't bring it out, I'll need to cancel it.
    I'm going to drive there. But I won't come in. They have full hold queues on the phone so I can't even ask anyone.
    It makes no sense. If there's less business, why don't you have extra people to help or man phones?
    -Ambidexter
    We apologize for the inconvenience, Ambidexter.  While we have been implementing curbside pickup at other MC locations, we simply just haven't done so at Cambridge.  I currently do not have word on whether or not if they will in the future, but with the trend of this pandemic beginning to trickle down, chances are curbside may not come to fruition.  

• @AlexS So you're aware, over 100,000 people have died in the US due to COVID19 at this point. The reason the pandemic is beginning to trickle down is because your competitors implemented policies like curbside pickup and a lot of people began working really hard to adapt their businesses and personal lives to public health needs. The reason it hasn't trickled down more is because stores like Microcenter, as well as a reckless minority of individuals, don't care about public health, or about the safety of their employees and customers. 

I've shopped at Microcenter for a quarter-century, and spend a lot of money there. Since COVID19, all of that business has gone to Amazon, eBay, and similar, while I was waiting for Microcenter to adapt. Reading your response made my blood boil. There's a difference between not being competent enough to implement curbside pickup quickly, versus simply not caring about what effect your business has on the community. 

Post-COVID, it's likely to stay with Amazon, eBay, and similar. Prior to this, I tried to patronize local businesses. After this, I will try to avoid local businesses which don't care about whether people live or die. I think I speak for a lot of the Cambridge community there -- certainly most of the people I know. 
  • bibulb
    Options
    AlexS said:
    While we have been implementing curbside pickup at other MC locations, we simply just haven't done so at Cambridge.  I currently do not have word on whether or not if they will in the future, but with the trend of this pandemic beginning to trickle down, chances are curbside may not come to fruition.  

So, given the EXTREME lack of trickling-down of the pandemic in the following months since this post, any chances of the curbside program expanding past two stores? I'd really like to buy some stuff here in Houston, but I REALLY don't want to go into a store with recirculating air. 
We love seeing what our customers build

Submit photos and a description of your PC to our build showcase

Submit Now
Looking for a little inspiration?

See other custom PC builds and get some ideas for what can be done

View Build Showcase

SAME DAY CUSTOM BUILD SERVICE

If You Can Dream it, We Can Build it.

Services starting at $149.99