1. Access the Windows Recovery Environment:
a. Your computer may enter the recovery environment on its own. If you see “Preparing Automatic Repair” allow the system to proceed.
b. If Windows attempts to boot normally, you will have to interrupt startup by holding the power button until the computer shuts off. Repeat until you see “Preparing Automatic Repair.”
c. Using Recovery Media
i. Boot from your recovery media by changing the boot priority in BIOS or selecting the correct boot option from the boot menu.
ii. Select your language and keyboard layout – for most users, this will be English US.
2. When you see a blue screen with the title “Automatic Repair” select Advanced Options.
3. Select Troubleshoot.
4. Select Advanced Options.
5. Click the option for Command Prompt.
6. From the command prompt, enter the following command:bootrec.exe /fixmbr
Note: There is a space between bootrec.exe and /fixmbr
7. If you see “The operation completed successfully” you are done.
8. Shutdown the computer and attempt to power back on like normal.
Submit photos and a description of your PC to our build showcase
See other custom PC builds and get some ideas for what can be done
Services starting at $149.99