In-Store Pickup by a friend out of state?

Options
I am an Ohio customer, I reserved an in-store only item at one of the stores in GA, this particular item was only available at a store in NY and GA, sold out everywhere else. I have a friend that lives in GA, can he pick it up and pay for it if I give him my order number? I am going to send him cash and he will ship it up to me. 

Comments

• AlexS
    AlexS admin
    First Anniversary First Answer 5 Likes Micro Center Staff
    Options
    I am an Ohio customer, I reserved an in-store only item at one of the stores in GA, this particular item was only available at a store in NY and GA, sold out everywhere else. I have a friend that lives in GA, can he pick it up and pay for it if I give him my order number? I am going to send him cash and he will ship it up to me. 
    Greetings @shutterguy and welcome to the MC community!  Your friend can pick it up as long as he pays for it using his own card and matching I.D.  
  • shutterguy
    Options
    Sounds great, thank you!
  • AlexS
    AlexS admin
    Options
    Sounds great, thank you!
    You're welcome!  Thanks for stopping by the Community and be sure to take a look around our forum :) 
  • GEE
    Options
    I would like my admin to pick up a laptop the I have reserved and paid for online.  If I have give her a Picture of my ID and credit card and a copy of the confirmation, can she pick it up?  
  • TSPhillipT
    Options
    Hello @GEE,  welcome to the Micro Center Community!

Unfortunately, the person picking up the order will need to use a card under their name.  They would be unable to use your credit card and your picture ID.  If you have a Business Credit Card/Debit Card that only has the Business' name, and the person can provide proof of employment, that can also be used.  

• rjackson424
    Options
    my uncle needs me to pick up pc parts for him and is ordering them online, is there a way he can pay online and I can pick it up for him?
  • AlexS
    AlexS admin
    Options
    my uncle needs me to pick up pc parts for him and is ordering them online, is there a way he can pay online and I can pick it up for him?

Q.  Can I have someone else pick up my in-store reservation for me?
    A.  Someone else can pick up your order, as long as they are paying with their own credit card that matches their own identification.  

Unfortunately, your Uncle cannot pay for it in advance.  Any reservation he makes despite the website requesting card information only puts a $1.00 authorization on the card and payment will still need to be completed in full upon pickup.  
We love seeing what our customers build

Submit photos and a description of your PC to our build showcase

Submit Now
Looking for a little inspiration?

See other custom PC builds and get some ideas for what can be done

View Build Showcase

SAME DAY CUSTOM BUILD SERVICE

If You Can Dream it, We Can Build it.

Services starting at $149.99