Power Spec B675

Options
Tried to hard reset PC by turning off power, comes back on with Power Spec and says Preparing Automatic Repair then screen goes black. 

Comments

• TSTonyV
    TSTonyV ✭✭✭✭✭
    First Anniversary 5 Likes First Comment First Answer
    Options
    Hello @ChaneyM! Welcome to the Community. 

I'd like you to try a couple simple things. First, shut down the computer, unplug the power cord, then hold down your power button for 30 seconds while it's unplugged. After that, plug it back in and try turning it back on, and see if anything changes. 

If not, shut down the computer, disconnect all your peripherals except your monitor, then restart it. Double check and make sure you only have one cable connecting your computer and monitor together. Ideally it'll make it through automatic repair and either load back into Windows, or take you to some recovery options.

If you can get to any recovery options or an advanced menu, you'll want to choose Troubleshoot > advanced options, then try doing a system restore or reverting Windows updates. 
  • ChaneyM
    Options
    Tried these but screen goes blank. I rebooted and Power Spec logo is up and circle is spinning. I can get to Bios but when I tried to insert Microsoft Windows 10 CD, it wouldn’t read it. Are the recovery options or advanced menu you’re referring to in Bios or through Windows. I definitely can’t get to Windows 
  • TSTonyV
    TSTonyV ✭✭✭✭✭
    First Anniversary 5 Likes First Comment First Answer
    Options
    The recovery options are part of Windows, and would display after automatic repair goes through. 

Insert your Windows CD, turn the system on, and during intial startup press F11 on your keyboard. That will take you into the boot menu, see if the DVD shows up. The DVD drive in that Powerspec is either an ASUS FRW-24F1ST or an LG GH24NSC0B, one of those should show if it's being recognized.

If not, go back into the BIOS, go to Advanced Mode (top right corner), then go to the Boot category. Look for a setting called CSM (compatibility support module). If it's disabled, enable it and set Launch Storage OpROM to UEFI only. If it's enabled already, try disabling it, then save and exit the BIOS. 

Check the boot menu again for the Windows 10 DVD, and if it's there try booting from it. If the black screen issue still happens, or the DVD still isn't showing after that, I think your best bet is probably to bring the system to the service desk at your local Micro Center store. 
We love seeing what our customers build

Submit photos and a description of your PC to our build showcase

Submit Now
Looking for a little inspiration?

See other custom PC builds and get some ideas for what can be done

View Build Showcase

SAME DAY CUSTOM BUILD SERVICE

If You Can Dream it, We Can Build it.

Services starting at $149.99