Just reserved items, but 2 not in stock?

Options
I had just placed a reserve for the items for my build after seeing everything was in stock. After doing that, however, I get an email saying that 2 items were not in stock. One of them, the Ryzen 5 3600 shows as 10+ in stock! What gives? The other is the motherboard which I guess there was only 1 in stock and someone beat me to it.

Shopping at the Mayfield Heights, OH store for reference.

Comments

• Ian
    Ian admin
    First Anniversary 5 Insightfuls 5 Likes 5 LOLs
    Options
    Greetings. I do apologize for the issues with the store pickup. They may have cancelled it by mistake if the website still shows it is in stock. The best thing we could recommend is to place another pickup order if it was completely cancelled. Otherwise you can also visit your local store and pick up and purchase the items directly in-store. 
  • Waffler
    Waffler ✭✭
    First Anniversary 5 Likes First Comment Name Dropper
    Options
    Well, I tried to call, but I guess your stores are so busy they can't spare a person to talk on the phone and resort to an automated message and then hang up. This matter could be quickly resolved if I could speak to someone at the store and find out for sure if the items are in stock or not and to reserve them for me if they are. I only intend to buy the parts and make the trip if everything on my list is in stock. If they are not, then I'd cancel the reservation and wait until everything's in stock. How do I do that without being able to talk to someone to see if this was a mistake on someone's part? Communication could be improved here, especially if there are errors being made.
  • TSPhillipT
    Options
    Hello @Waffler

I believe we have addressed some of the issues over our text line.  I apologize about the difficulties you had when trying to reach us, the phone is hitting the max hold limit which is causing the automated message and hang up.  We do appreciate your feedback and we are looking for ways to improve the way a customer can reach the store.  Is there anything else I can help you with today?  
  • Waffler
    Waffler ✭✭
    First Anniversary 5 Likes First Comment Name Dropper
    Options
    Maybe an auto-notification of some kind once a part is in stock? Newegg does this and it's very handy, especially for items in high demand. I don't like the idea of having to constantly check to see if an item is in stock, especially since the website's reporting of stocked items can't be relied upon.
We love seeing what our customers build

Submit photos and a description of your PC to our build showcase

Submit Now
Looking for a little inspiration?

See other custom PC builds and get some ideas for what can be done

View Build Showcase

SAME DAY CUSTOM BUILD SERVICE

If You Can Dream it, We Can Build it.

Services starting at $149.99