Pc Build advice

Hi, this is my first time building a PC, and I wanted some advice on the components that I picked out. My main concern was whether or not the motherboard will be comparable with the cpu and gpu that I want.  One article I read said that if I just got a bios update it would work, but pc part picker shows it as incompatible.  Any advice would be appreciated as I’m only marginally sure what I’m doing with any of this.

https://pcpartpicker.com/user/zaktheartmajor/saved/CfXqpg

Comments

• @zaktheartmajor
    1. What CPU cooling method?
    2. As to the MB compatibility maybe then find a motherboard that is compatable. (the first main priority.) 
    3. And maybe drop to a 650 PSU. Could save a little money AND can spend it elsewhere. LIke take advantage of the crazy price deal for a RAM upgrade to the 2x 16 GB's of G skill. 
  • BubbleMax said:
    @BubbleMax
    1. What CPU cooling method?

The CPU comes with a cooler, not sure if that’s enough though.

2. As to the MB compatibility maybe then find a motherboard that is compatable. (the first main priority.) 

I’ll try to find a better one

3. And maybe drop to a 650 PSU. Could save a little money AND can spend it elsewhere. LIke take advantage of the crazy price deal for a RAM upgrade to the 2x 16 GB's of G skill. 

The only reason I picked that power supply is because the gpu recommended that much.  I’ll take a look at the ram

• @zaktheartmajor
    For the most part, the parts you picked out will make a very nice system. Now, the B450 will require a BIOS update in order to be compatible with Ryzen 3000 CPUs. So you can select another board if you would like but just now that this one is still an option. As for the Power Supply, I would certainly stay at 650 watts or more as most 5700 XT graphics cards require that at least that much wattage.
    Also, The stock cooler that comes with the Ryzen CPU would work just fine unless you intend on doing any overclocking. 
  • zaktheartmajor
    edited May 2020
    Thanks guys! Would the Gigabyte B450 Aorus Pro WiFi motherboard also work as it is a bit cheaper?
  • Yes, the B450 Aorus Pro Wi-Fi would work with that CPU after a BIOS update. Sometimes the BIOS is already updated, but if that is the case it would have a sticker on the box stating AMD Ryzen 3000 Ready.
We love seeing what our customers build

Submit photos and a description of your PC to our build showcase

Submit Now
Looking for a little inspiration?

See other custom PC builds and get some ideas for what can be done

View Build Showcase

SAME DAY CUSTOM BUILD SERVICE

If You Can Dream it, We Can Build it.

Services starting at $149.99