ASRock B450M PRO4 vs ASUS TUF B450M-Plus Gaming

Options
This is what happens when I have too much time, I obsess over minutia of motherboard capabilities and features.

For now, I have the ASRock slotted as my choice, but I want to be 110% sure about this, because I do see the ASUS is in stock and it's only $10 more than the ASRock and I'm kinda antsy about getting my new PC built before my old rig quits on me. So, questions:

1.  Am I correct in seeing that the ASRock has a heatsink for its chipset and more fan headers than the ASUS?
2. I've read reports about the disparity in VRM between the two, in that the ASUS is a bit better? Is this a big deal? (Should note that I have no intention of overclocking)
3. This might be a little more subjective, but do their reputations matter? People swear by ASUS for their supposed higher quality and more well-built boards than ASRock, which I guess could be viewed as the redheaded step-sister of motherboard brands.

The thing I care most is stability and durability. Which board is known to have BSOD issues vs being rock solid? I care a bit about VRMs because I want to be sure the CPU gets plenty of juice and not overheat either. I was leaning towards the ASRock because of the heatsink and extra fan headers, but I won't get it if it's known to be glitchy and troublesome.
We love seeing what our customers build

Submit photos and a description of your PC to our build showcase

Submit Now
Looking for a little inspiration?

See other custom PC builds and get some ideas for what can be done

View Build Showcase

SAME DAY CUSTOM BUILD SERVICE

If You Can Dream it, We Can Build it.

Services starting at $149.99