A little disappointed

Options
Hello, So today I purchased a graphics card from MC Rockville. I got come and tried to install it but the card was too long. I underestimated the length. I boxed it up neatly and went to MC Parkville. Mind you this was the end of the workday and MC Rockville I rarely shop at only if I am working out there but MC Parkville is my home store. Anyways, I explained to the cashier that I want to exchange the card because it is too long. I went to get another card as Plan B and the wonderful associate brought it up for me. However, I handed them the typical receipt that MC Rockville gave me and MC Parkville cannot find that transaction. The cashier brought his manager up and he saw it for himself. He then told me that I have to wait 24 hours for it to hit the system. Is this true? I never had to deal with this before and my system needed to be up and running today but luckily my laptop works. I thought immediately they can pull up my transaction via the receipt? The cashier tried and the manager was not really much help. Can someone clarify this please I was disappointed to drive home with the GPU I wanted to exchange. I will try again tomorrow.

PS - This was a web ordered and picked up in store.

Comments

• Ian
    Ian admin
    First Anniversary 5 Insightfuls 5 Likes 5 LOLs
    Options
    Greetings. While we can return items to other stores, since it was done same day what they told you is correct, they cannot pull it up at another store until the next business day. I am sorry for the trouble, you would be able to return it today to either location. 
  • C0v3rt_X
    C0v3rt_X ✭✭
    First Anniversary 5 Likes First Answer Name Dropper
    edited May 2020
    Options
    TSIanL said:
    Greetings. While we can return items to other stores, since it was done same day what they told you is correct, they cannot pull it up at another store until the next business day. I am sorry for the trouble, you would be able to return it today to either location. 

Thank you for the follow up. Yes it was in their system today and I was glad I can get my system back up and running! I just wished I could have done it yesterday but all is well now. I can grow into this GPU and not really interested in the 3000 series. I told the cashier today I hope the next person can enjoy the returned card since the 2080's and 2080 Ti's, the 2070 super is dwindling down slowly. I hope you guys can get more inventory.
We love seeing what our customers build

Submit photos and a description of your PC to our build showcase

Submit Now
Looking for a little inspiration?

See other custom PC builds and get some ideas for what can be done

View Build Showcase

SAME DAY CUSTOM BUILD SERVICE

If You Can Dream it, We Can Build it.

Services starting at $149.99