All Microsoft Office Apps Stopped Working

I have a Dell Inspiron 13 7000 that I purchased at Microcenter last June 2019 with 3 years worth of MS Office 365. I also have a ESET virus protection. This week I have been unable to open any Office product. I've tried to open the apps directly, and by double clicking files that I have saved on my computer. When I try to click on the app icon, it is as if I never clicked on it. But when I click on a file, I get a MsgBox that says, "Windows cannot find file, 'C:\Users\Me\Downloads\file.xls'. Make sure you typed the name correctly, and then try again." When I checked Office.com for my subscription, it shows the current annual one is good until June 11, three more weeks. Why is this happening and how can I get it fixed?

Comments

• PowerSpec_MikeW
    PowerSpec_MikeW PowerSpec Engineer
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    It's difficult to say what happened, but something damaged the program. Most likely an update. Simple fix is just to repair it and Microsoft offers a system for this. Press "WIndows" and "R" on your keyboard, and type: appwiz.cpl

In the list find Office 365 and right click, choose the "Change" option. Select "Online Repair". It'll redownload the client and repair the installation for you.
We love seeing what our customers build

Submit photos and a description of your PC to our build showcase

Submit Now
Looking for a little inspiration?

See other custom PC builds and get some ideas for what can be done

View Build Showcase

SAME DAY CUSTOM BUILD SERVICE

If You Can Dream it, We Can Build it.

Services starting at $149.99