Motherboard/Bios not recognizing 2nd Gpu in SLI — Micro Center

Motherboard/Bios not recognizing 2nd Gpu in SLI

New Crosshair vi hero motherboard and the second pcie slot won't recognize a gpu being in there. Each individual gpu works in the first slot, but won't recognize a card in the second pcie slot. Any help would be appreciated. 

Comments

• TSMikeWTSMikeW admin
    We can give you some advice here. Please let us know what video cards you're attempting to use in Crossfire. What's the wattage on your power supply?
  • I've got two evga GTX 970s with a 750w bronze rated power supply. Using a ryzen 5 3600 CPU, also new. 
  • TSMikeWTSMikeW admin
    edited May 25
    And your second card is in PCIEX8_2, correct? If so, test it in 4_3 just to see if it detects there. We wouldn't want to keep it there as I believe it's capped at x4 on PCIe 2.0.
  • Correct. Unfortunately I cannot out my second card into that slot bc of space restrictions. The case I have and location of the psu prevents a gpu from being put in that 3rd slot.
  • TSMikeWTSMikeW admin
    Understood. I would test a card individually in 8_2. It should POST there as well. If it wont, you've got a bad board. If it does and the problem persists. Let it run for a while and control + alt + del to reboot from the BIOS. See if it's a cold boot issue with detecting the card.