Webcam / Camera on HP Pavilion

I have an HP Pavilion HP BA011 7200U/8G/128/14/RT that I have had for about 2 years. Earlier this year the webcam / camera was not working at all. I was able to update and/or reinstall the drivers, and it has been working, but not great.  The color is shaded kind of pink, and the digital quality is not very clear. I have tried to make sure and update drivers, but they are up to date. Any other ideas or suggestions? I don't think it can be replaced. So another option is an attachment /accessory camera / microphone. (additionally, if there is a microphone on this machine, it has never worked).  Thank you. 

Answers

• TSTonyV
    TSTonyV ✭✭✭✭✭
    First Anniversary 5 Likes First Comment First Answer
    Hello @GAnderson! Welcome to the Community. 

This is most likely just an issue with the webcam itself unfortunately. If it's capture video normally otherwise, that means the drivers are interacting properly, and the coloration/clarity would be something physical with the webcam. Some webcams included with laptops just aren't that great quality wise, unfortunately. 

There should be an included microphone along with the camera, if that's not working you'll want to reinstall the audio drivers for your laptop. 
We love seeing what our customers build

Submit photos and a description of your PC to our build showcase

Submit Now
Looking for a little inspiration?

See other custom PC builds and get some ideas for what can be done

View Build Showcase

SAME DAY CUSTOM BUILD SERVICE

If You Can Dream it, We Can Build it.

Services starting at $149.99