Dell Ispiron 5558 Display

Raj
Raj
First Comment
edited June 2021 in General Discussion
I have a Dell Inspiron 5558 with a bad LCD screen and dead battery that will not charge. What will it cost to replace the screen (Dell Part Number 53MPX)? Do you have this in stock at St. Louis Park? And a new battery (Dell part number 07G07). Do I need an appointment for this service?

Comments

• TSTonyV
    TSTonyV ✭✭✭✭✭
    First Anniversary 5 Likes First Comment First Answer
    edited May 2020
    Hello @Raj! Welcome to the Community. 

It appears we don't have those batteries currently in stock at the St. Louis Park store, however, if you bring your laptop to the service desk they should be able to order a replacement. I'm not sure exactly what it would cost, laptop batteries can cost anywhere from $50-100+ depending on the specific computer and battery. I would expect this one to be $80-100 or so. 

For the screen, we would have to order those parts from Dell as we don't carry them on the shelf. Labor charge for screen replacement is $99.99, plus the cost of the screen itself. Since we have to get the parts from Dell, I can't look up the cost unfortunately. 

We are currently not taking appointments, it's all walk-in and drop off
  • Thanks. If I order the screen, can I drop it off with the laptop for installation?
  • TSTonyV
    TSTonyV ✭✭✭✭✭
    First Anniversary 5 Likes First Comment First Answer
    To be honest I'm not sure. I believe with laptops we don't install user supplied parts, but I could be wrong about that. If you could private message your contact information I could get your information to the service desk at your store to have them reach back out to you. 
  • I am looking for links to send a PM- don't see it
We love seeing what our customers build

Submit photos and a description of your PC to our build showcase

Submit Now
Looking for a little inspiration?

See other custom PC builds and get some ideas for what can be done

View Build Showcase

SAME DAY CUSTOM BUILD SERVICE

If You Can Dream it, We Can Build it.

Services starting at $149.99