Help choosing parts for an $800 budget gaming pc,

Options
I have put together an $800 gaming pc parts list, https://www.microcenter.com/site/content/custom-pc-builder.aspx?load=c6d850aa-5acb-4948-8358-9020d07ba8ba. I would like some feedback on the parts I have chosen, because I am pretty new to the pc world. I have a budget of $800, before tax, without an operating system, and without any accessories. I plan on playing games like Fortnite, Rainbow Six Siege, Sea of Thieves, Minecraft, and Call of Duty Modern Warfare. Thank you for taking the time to read this, and any feedback is much appreciated.

Comments

• Ian
    Ian admin
    First Anniversary 5 Insightfuls 5 Likes 5 LOLs
    Options
    Greetings. Looking over what you have that is a very solid build for the price. You could re-arrange some money by going for a smaller m.2 and adding a standard HDD for extra storage instead, and perhaps be able to get a slightly better card but there is no issues in what you have picked already.
  • LTN
    Options
    Thank you for the feedback. I am still unsure on which graphics card to get, so I was wondering whether you think I should go with the GTX 1660 Super or the RX 5500 XT. Also, if I were to upgrade the graphics card, what would you recommend I upgrade it to?
  • TSTonyV
    TSTonyV ✭✭✭✭✭
    First Anniversary 5 Likes First Comment First Answer
    Options
    The 1660 Super is the better of the two cards, so I would stick with it over the 5500. The next upgrade for your GPU would be the GTX 1660ti, and then the RTX 2060 or 5600XT after that. The 1660ti can be had for about $280, the 2060 and 5600XT can be had for about $300. 

If you do upgrade the video card, I'd personally recommend skipping the 1660ti since it's so close in price to the 5600XT and the cheaper 2060 models which are better performers. You'll have to go a little over $800 even if you do go with a smaller SSD, so keep that in mind. 

• LTN
    Options
    Thank you so much for the help, and I think that I might upgrade to the 5600 XT or one of the cheaper 2060 models. I do have two more questions, what monitor would you recommend for this setup, and is the motherboard I have chosen the best for it’s price point?
  • TSTonyV
    TSTonyV ✭✭✭✭✭
    First Anniversary 5 Likes First Comment First Answer
    edited May 2020
    Options
    That motherboard should be fine. Pretty much all the B450 boards at that $75-80 price point will be the same. 

As for monitor, what you put together would be suited best for 1080p gaming. You could push 100+ FPS in some of the games if you tweak your settings the right way, so you could go for a 144Hz option. You can view what we have here: https://www.microcenter.com/search/search_results.aspx?Ntk=all&sortby=pricelow&N=4294966896+4294819460+4294820806&myStore=false

Otherwise, any standard 1080p/60Hz or 75Hz monitor will do the trick. 
We love seeing what our customers build

Submit photos and a description of your PC to our build showcase

Submit Now
Looking for a little inspiration?

See other custom PC builds and get some ideas for what can be done

View Build Showcase

SAME DAY CUSTOM BUILD SERVICE

If You Can Dream it, We Can Build it.

Services starting at $149.99