windows apps will not open

I purchased this laptop ~2 months ago in Microcenter.
Asus VivoBook
512GB SSD
AMD Ryzen 3500u
8GB ram
Windows 10 Home
The majority of my windows apps, like calculator, calendar, camera, Microsoft store, etc, will not open. When the icon is clicked to open any given app, a window appears briefly, then disappears.
My first step was to try and re-install the apps, but I could not do this because the Microsoft store will not open. Even from the website directly it does not work because it tries to launch the store app.
I have tried a couple command line inputs to reset the store in both the powershell and CMD.
I am an administrator on the machine. I have tried logging into the computer using a local account as well as a Microsoft account.
I have tried to run everything as administrator.
Any help is appreciated, thank you.

Comments

• PowerSpec_MikeW
    PowerSpec_MikeW PowerSpec Engineer
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    We do apologize for the issues with a new system. We'll certainly advise you on how to correct this. Couple ways to do this. You can go into "Apps and Features", by right clicking on the "Start" button. It's in the power user menu. Find the Microsoft Store, click on it, "Advanced Options". Scroll down and select reset.

Next WSReset. Search for this on the lower left, right click and run it as administrator.

Third option, Powershell. Again we'll access the power user menu and select "Windows Powershell(Admin)". We'll paste in the following:
    Get-AppXPackage -AllUsers -Name Microsoft.Services.Store* | Foreach {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register “$($_.InstallLocation)\AppXManifest.xml” -Verbose}

Press "Enter" wait for the command to complete then reboot. Should get the store running, then we can attempt the same with other apps. 

Alternative. Just repair install your OS. Should take too long and you won't lose anything. Run the media creation tool here: https://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=691209

Select the option to "Upgrade this PC". Make sure it sets itself automatically to keep files and apps. At that point you're good to go. It'll replace the underlying OS and default apps, while upgrading you to the latest build of Windows 10.
We love seeing what our customers build

Submit photos and a description of your PC to our build showcase

Submit Now
Looking for a little inspiration?

See other custom PC builds and get some ideas for what can be done

View Build Showcase

SAME DAY CUSTOM BUILD SERVICE

If You Can Dream it, We Can Build it.

Services starting at $149.99