Protection plan return/transfer?

I purchased a protection for an item, and the item was returned for something else..
I didn't think about the protection plan at the time as a separate item, so I wanted to know if it is possible to return a protection plan? Or can it be transferred to the item? Or is something like this done automatically?

Comments

• TSTonyV
    TSTonyV ✭✭✭✭✭
    First Anniversary 5 Likes First Comment First Answer
    Hello @DHJII! Welcome to the Community. 

If it was a normal return with the typical return period, the protection plan would also be returned along with the item. Protection plans can be returned by themselves (within the return period of course) if you want to keep the item, but decide against going with the protection plan. 

Plans don't "transfer" really, they're just returned and re-purchased for the new item. 
  • Is it possible for the plan to be attached to the wrong thing?
    I bought two items at once and maybe the plan was attached to the wrong one? Is there a way to find this out?
    From how it looks, it wasn't returned along with the item I thought it was attached to, if that's what's normally done.

and thanks for the welcome @TSTonyV
  • TSTonyV
    TSTonyV ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's possible, unfortunately we're human like everybody else and can sometimes make mistakes! Could you private message the reference number for the purchase, or if not, your name/phone number instead? I can try looking it up and seeing what's up with it. 
  • How do I get a refund on a Apple Protection Plan I just purchased?
  • TSTonyV
    TSTonyV ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ira said:
    How do I get a refund on a Apple Protection Plan I just purchased?
    If you're still within the return period on the product we should be able to do that. Can you private message me with the reference number from your receipt if you have it? If you don't have the reference number, the phone number/last name/zip it was purchased under instead.  
We love seeing what our customers build

Submit photos and a description of your PC to our build showcase

Submit Now
Looking for a little inspiration?

See other custom PC builds and get some ideas for what can be done

View Build Showcase

SAME DAY CUSTOM BUILD SERVICE

If You Can Dream it, We Can Build it.

Services starting at $149.99