My new Lenovo laptop cannot detect the camera — Micro Center

My new Lenovo laptop cannot detect the camera

I have done all of the recommended software fixes from Lenovo customer service but the camera is still not detected. They have told me it is a hardware problem. The computer is still under warranty

Answers

• TSTonyVTSTonyV admin
    Hello @woody! Welcome to the Community. 

What's the exact model of your Lenovo laptop? There's likely a function key you can use to toggle the Camera on and off, I believe it's usually F6. Look for a function with an icon that looks like a camera/webcam and then press it, then see if a light turns on next to the webcam. If not, try pressing FN+that key and check again. 

If neither of those things work, or there isn't a function key correlated to the camera, try downloading the drivers directly from Lenovo's website for your model. 
  • It is a Lenovo Yoga 730. I have tried all the function keys,privacy settings, updating the drivers ( even uninstalled them and reinstalled ) . Nothing has worked that's why I think that something inside the unit is not connected or installed.
  • TSTonyVTSTonyV admin
    Alright then. We are a Lenovo authorized service provider, so if you bring the system to our repair desk we can take a look and see about fixing it under the warranty. 
  • Thank you but the problem is that I am on the Cape so I would need to send it in to you. What would I need to do to get this done.  ?
  • TSTonyVTSTonyV admin
    If you're not near a Micro Center store, I'd first try contacting Lenovo again to see if they could arrange for you to send it directly to them, or see if there's a Lenovo repair provider closer to you. 
  • Thanks. Lenovo said that they are only doing work for essential personal right now and gave me your contact info as the nearest authorized warranty repair facility
  • TSTonyVTSTonyV admin
    Could you private message me your contact information and address? I can get your information the service desk at your nearest store and see if we can arrange anything. 
  • Sure. What address do I use to reach you or would it be better if I called the Cambridge,Ma. store directly ?