My new Lenovo laptop cannot detect the camera

I have done all of the recommended software fixes from Lenovo customer service but the camera is still not detected. They have told me it is a hardware problem. The computer is still under warranty

Answers

• TSTonyV
    TSTonyV ✭✭✭✭✭
    First Anniversary 5 Likes First Comment First Answer
    Hello @woody! Welcome to the Community. 

What's the exact model of your Lenovo laptop? There's likely a function key you can use to toggle the Camera on and off, I believe it's usually F6. Look for a function with an icon that looks like a camera/webcam and then press it, then see if a light turns on next to the webcam. If not, try pressing FN+that key and check again. 

If neither of those things work, or there isn't a function key correlated to the camera, try downloading the drivers directly from Lenovo's website for your model. 
  • It is a Lenovo Yoga 730. I have tried all the function keys,privacy settings, updating the drivers ( even uninstalled them and reinstalled ) . Nothing has worked that's why I think that something inside the unit is not connected or installed.
  • TSTonyV
    TSTonyV ✭✭✭✭✭
    Alright then. We are a Lenovo authorized service provider, so if you bring the system to our repair desk we can take a look and see about fixing it under the warranty. 
  • Thank you but the problem is that I am on the Cape so I would need to send it in to you. What would I need to do to get this done.  ?
  • TSTonyV
    TSTonyV ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you're not near a Micro Center store, I'd first try contacting Lenovo again to see if they could arrange for you to send it directly to them, or see if there's a Lenovo repair provider closer to you. 
  • Thanks. Lenovo said that they are only doing work for essential personal right now and gave me your contact info as the nearest authorized warranty repair facility
  • TSTonyV
    TSTonyV ✭✭✭✭✭
    Could you private message me your contact information and address? I can get your information the service desk at your nearest store and see if we can arrange anything. 
  • Sure. What address do I use to reach you or would it be better if I called the Cambridge,Ma. store directly ?
We love seeing what our customers build

Submit photos and a description of your PC to our build showcase

Submit Now
Looking for a little inspiration?

See other custom PC builds and get some ideas for what can be done

View Build Showcase

SAME DAY CUSTOM BUILD SERVICE

If You Can Dream it, We Can Build it.

Services starting at $149.99