Was sold wrong security system

Options
Lisa2020
Lisa2020
edited June 2021 in General Discussion
Hi I purchased a laptop , Microsoft office and internet security last week at the microcenter in Cambridge . The person who helped me I asked and he checked on the computer what internet security I should purchased . According to him and the computer at microcenter I purchased the correct one. When I got home and tried to download it, it was not downloading to my new laptop. I called the company and they said this security is not compatible to your laptop. This item was 179.00 I tried calling the store several times but no answer. I would like to come into the store and exchange the the correct security download. But I want to make sure I getting the right information for I don't want to keep coming back and forth to the store for I have an infant at home right now and  due to the current situation of our health 

Comments

• TSTonyV
    TSTonyV ✭✭✭✭✭
    First Anniversary 5 Likes First Comment First Answer
    Options
    Hello @Lisa2020! Welcome to the Community. 

I was able to look up the purchase with your email, it appears you got a Chromebook. Chromebooks unfortunately are not the same as standard laptops, they operate on something called Chrome OS, not Windows. You can't install typical PC programs on those, only things available from the Chrome web store, so the copy of ESET won't work with it. Software has a 30-day return period provided it has not been used, so as long as the product key has not been redeemed you should be able to do an exchange. 

There's no standalone security software we sell that would work with a Chromebook unfortunately. 
We love seeing what our customers build

Submit photos and a description of your PC to our build showcase

Submit Now
Looking for a little inspiration?

See other custom PC builds and get some ideas for what can be done

View Build Showcase

SAME DAY CUSTOM BUILD SERVICE

If You Can Dream it, We Can Build it.

Services starting at $149.99