MacBook Pro battery

It seems my battery on my MacBook Pro (2015) has pooped out. I think I just need to replace it.

Comments

• Ian
    Ian admin
    5 Insightfuls 5 Likes First Anniversary 5 LOLs
    Greetings. This is something the Micro Center store service departments can assist with. All you would need to do is bring the unit into your nearest Micro Center store and speak with the service department on your right. It is a first come, first serve service and the service department will be able to answer any questions regarding service pricing and turnaround rates. The only service pricing we have available over phone, chat, or email is listed on this link: http://www.microcenter.com/site/service/service.aspx. For a more exact estimate, please bring the unit into the store and speak with our service department. Our service team would be able to assist with any exact service pricing or turnaround rates.  
  • My 2017 MacBook Pro also needs a new battery. Clicking on the battery symbol brings the message "Service recommended". I called apple and made an appointment through them with the Microcenter in Cambridge Mass.  Since there is no service that can be done on the battery, I just wanted to get a new one. I called Microcenter Main number, and they said that my local store had the battery I needed (I believe they said it would be about 150 or $160 installed). They said it would take an hour or two and could be done while I waited.
    When I got to the Cambridge, MA Microcenter service area, I was told that they could take my computer for two or three days and do an analysis for $40. I asked if that $40 would go towards the cost of a new battery and installation, and they said no.  Furthermore,  they said, no, they didn't have any batteries in stock, in fact they never keep batteries in stock.   And in order to order a battery from apple, they would have to keep my computer for 7 to 10 days. Now,  the computer operates fine, it's just that the battery is failing.  It makes no sense that they have to keep my computer during the time they are ordering the battery. I offered to pay for it upfront, but still they said it wasn't possible for me to keep the computer while they order the battery. How insane is this? The tech said that it was Apple policy – which makes no Sense at all. When I asked to speak to his supervisor, he said no one was available, everybody was in a meeting. So I took my computer and left.If this is really Apple policy can anyone explain how that makes any sense?
  • Hello @mhead110

Thank you for posting on the community and I apologize for the issues you have when it comes to our service desk.  You should be receiving an email from me regarding this issue.  
We love seeing what our customers build

Submit photos and a description of your PC to our build showcase

Submit Now
Looking for a little inspiration?

See other custom PC builds and get some ideas for what can be done

View Build Showcase

SAME DAY CUSTOM BUILD SERVICE

If You Can Dream it, We Can Build it.

Services starting at $149.99