Black Screen After Login on HP Pavilion Gaming Laptop

I purchased a certified refurbished HP Pavilion (Model: 15-ec0013dx) from Micro Center a little over a month ago, and it now shows a black screen after I log in. I am able to push the Windows key to pull up the task bar at the bottom of the screen, as well as view the start menu, but I am unable to run programs or open task manager. The desktop will not show, but I do see my cursor.

Is there anything I can do to fix this?

Comments

• PowerSpec_MikeW
    PowerSpec_MikeW PowerSpec Engineer
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    That's an interesting issue. Neither Control + Alt + Delete respond, nor Control + Shift + Escape? How about the run box? Does Windows + R open the run box?
  • Grace
    Grace ✭✭
    First Anniversary First Comment

They are having widespread issues with motherboards and screens failing. Bought my son an 15-ec2021nr (hp plat collection laptop r5 5600 , gtx 1650) about a year ago and now that the warranty is coming to an end, weve replaced the motherboard once and the screen twice now, under manufacturer fault but now the second time they wish to eat my accidental warranty we paid for.. FOR AN ACCIDENT THIER TECH CAUSED. Ill be fighting microcenter to take back this laptop for the full refund of the 800 I paid. TO add insult to injury I bought a second one of these for my younger son ( an ec2121nr mind you, notice the model numbers have a WIDE variation)... right before the second failure of the first. I thought microcenter was great, after this experience i wont be shopping with them again.

• Ian
    Ian admin
    5 Insightfuls 5 Likes First Anniversary 5 LOLs

Hello, was your computer repaired by Micro Center or by HP directly?

We love seeing what our customers build

Submit photos and a description of your PC to our build showcase

Submit Now
Looking for a little inspiration?

See other custom PC builds and get some ideas for what can be done

View Build Showcase

SAME DAY CUSTOM BUILD SERVICE

If You Can Dream it, We Can Build it.

Services starting at $149.99