Can't get new build to POST

Options
I took a stab at doing a Mini ITX build and have had nothing but issues. I finally got all my parts this past Saturday and built the PC - everything actually worked, I got Windows installed, and it was running well. After moving the PC from my workbench to my desk, I powered it on and heard a LOUD pop/saw a bright spark from the back of the case, almost as if a capacitor had blown. I checked everything and saw no visible burn marks or other damage, but replaced both the PSU and motherboard anyway, assuming I had screwed something up, caused a short and fried something in one or both.

I'm trying to rebuild it now, and I can't even get the new motherboard to POST with nothing installed except power and the front panel connector for the case's power switch. Turning on PSU power I get the motherboard standby light and rgb backlighting on the motherboard, but no POST lights even come on to indicate the lack of anything plugged in.

Specs
CPU: AMD Ryzen 3600X
CPU Cooler: NZXT Kraken M22
GPU: EVGA GeForce RTX 2060
Motherboard: ASUS ROG B450-I (double checked, it does have the Ryzen 3000 ready sticker on the box)
PSU: EVGA Supernova 650 G+
RAM: G.Skill Trident-Z 2x8 GB
Case: NZXT H210i

Any ideas? At this point I've tried clearing the CMOS and powering on with every combination of things plugged/unplugged that I can think of. I was thinking maybe I damaged either the CPU or GPU on Saturday when something fried, but I would think that the new motherboard and PSU with nothing else would at least run a POST and I would see some indication of it trying to find components and failing.

Comments

• TSTonyV
    TSTonyV ✭✭✭✭✭
    First Anniversary 5 Likes First Comment First Answer
    Options
    Honestly, if it were me in your situation, I would just re-do everything and replace all the parts. Catastrophic failures like that are incredibly rare, but when they happen they can cause damage on any of the components in your system. You could try running through the no POST troublehsooting guide which we have pinned at the top of the Troubleshooting category, this is the link if you need it: 

How to troubleshoot a Newly Built PC that will not POST/boot/power on — Micro Center

It'll run you through pretty much everything you can do for a system that won't boot. But for me personally, I wouldn't want to take any chances and would just start from scratch. 
We love seeing what our customers build

Submit photos and a description of your PC to our build showcase

Submit Now
Looking for a little inspiration?

See other custom PC builds and get some ideas for what can be done

View Build Showcase

SAME DAY CUSTOM BUILD SERVICE

If You Can Dream it, We Can Build it.

Services starting at $149.99