Customer service...

Options
Hi, I realize this won’t change anything and I doubt anything will come out of me saying this but I feel the need to sort of state the disappointment in the services I’ve been given post purchase of my custom builds. 

I purchased two custom builds from microcenter totaling over $8,000 and it is now the 8th day I have yet to be contacted to pick up my ready builds. I understand during this time there needs to be an understanding from the customer side and a patience due to the craziness of what is happening in the world right now, however, personally I feel customer service/technician duties have been handled poorly. Stated on your build card cost breakdown, you offer “one day” build times and even same day build times if certain conditions are met, however, the day of purchase I was told that would not be the case. This is where I first felt wronged due to the fact of the premium of labor cost, which is not cheap, and is not even being handled by dedicated builders. I’ve been told by technicians of microcenter than they serve among other things as a front desk/cashier of that department and in their free time they build the desktops. This off the bat doesn’t feel right to me because it is set up to fail from the start... of course how is it possible for builds to be done on time and promise a one day build time if the people building it aren’t given the chance to give it their full attention. One busy day can lead to a huge back order of custom PC’s to customers paying the premium to build a custom PC through your services. And if your card and website state the promises of one day/same day builds and you can not fulfill that, then as a business that wants to show care for their customers I feel like some sort of compensation should be given. If you’re back ordered with all this unprecedented increase in business and you’re not able to keep up and you don’t feel the need to give compensation for be unable to fulfill your stated services besides the corporate response of, “no we can’t offer a discount, this is just the way it is...” I can’t help but feel like I’m being treated as just a cash cow and it leaves a terrible taste in my mouth for future business with microcenter. 

It’s disheartening to say the least when I pay over $8,000, don’t get the same service as advertised, pay the same amount despite not receiving the same service and from $8,000 I had a total savings of $50... 

It’s just hard to understand for me and being as this is my first time buying/building a custom PC personally I don’t know how long it takes to put it together, however, there’s plenty of full walkthrough videos of PC’s being built start to finish in less than 2 hours. Which again, might not be my case and I’m not an expert by any means but for it to take 8 days and ongoing... man.. it just really sucks. 

Comments

• TSTonyV
    TSTonyV ✭✭✭✭✭
    First Anniversary 5 Likes First Comment First Answer
    Options
    Hello @LoveIevoL! We had a ticket opened and passed your information to the store when you reached out to us before. Since you haven't heard back yet, I escalated your request to my managers to make sure somebody is able to reach out to you. Hopefully they'll reach out soon, let us know if you have any more questions. 
We love seeing what our customers build

Submit photos and a description of your PC to our build showcase

Submit Now
Looking for a little inspiration?

See other custom PC builds and get some ideas for what can be done

View Build Showcase

SAME DAY CUSTOM BUILD SERVICE

If You Can Dream it, We Can Build it.

Services starting at $149.99