MOTHERBOARD NOT LIGHTING UP

Options
Hello - i just got a PC built by microcenter last weekend and the motherboard isnt/wont light up anymore. the computer turns on and the GPU is lit up but the motherboard doesnt.... should i take it in? 

Comments

• Atlfit
    Options
    and note: everything appears to be working fine. i played games and stuff but i guess a little concering that the RGB isnt working. maybe im doing something wrong. 
  • PowerSpec_MichaelB
    PowerSpec_MichaelB ✭✭✭✭✭
    First Answer 5 Insightfuls First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Options
    Welcome to the forum, @Atlfit. Since the system appears to be functioning correctly, it's possible that the RGB lighting was disabled through the ASUS Aura Sync software or BIOS. Start by making sure you have Aura Sync installed: https://www.asus.com/campaign/aura/global/download.php. From there, launch the application, select Motherboard at the top list of components, then make sure the slider on the right is set to "On". From there, you should be able to adjust the various RGB lighting options. If this doesn't work, let us know, we can explore additional options.
  • Atlfit
    Options
    Ok will do I will try that out! It was working When I first bought it and the program I was going through was ICUE buT awesome thank you for all that info. I will be sure to try it and report back! Really appreciate it!
  • Atlfit
    Options
    And yes it was an ASUS ROG E WiFi 
  • Atlfit
    Options
    @TSMichaelB i downloaded that app and its switched to ON but still no RGB. the computer still seems to be running fine weird. anything else i can do?
  • Atlfit
    Options
    there is nothing plugged into the RGB header at the top of the 

ASUS X570-E ROG Strix Gaming AMD AM4 ATX Motherboard. could that be it? idk why it would work before if nothing was plugged into there

• PowerSpec_MichaelB
    PowerSpec_MichaelB ✭✭✭✭✭
    First Answer 5 Insightfuls First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Options
    The lighting on the motherboard is integrated and doesn't require anything to be plugged into the RGB headers in order for the integrated lighting to function. 

Let's check and make sure everything is configured properly in the system BIOS. Restart your system, tap F2 or DEL to enter the BIOS. From there, press the F4 key to adjust your RGB lighting on or off. You may need to tap it a few times to cycle through the various options. You will want to make sure it's set to "All On", as this will enable both the integrated motherboard lighting as well as lighting to the RGB headers should you plan to use them.

Let me know how that goes.
  • Atlfit
    Options
    Hey sorry for the long wait - yes it is turned on and I clicked all on just to be sure as well 
We love seeing what our customers build

Submit photos and a description of your PC to our build showcase

Submit Now
Looking for a little inspiration?

See other custom PC builds and get some ideas for what can be done

View Build Showcase

SAME DAY CUSTOM BUILD SERVICE

If You Can Dream it, We Can Build it.

Services starting at $149.99