Cost to Upgrade Motherboard, CPU, & RAM

Options
Hi All,
I would like to know what the cost to have a new motherboard, CPU, and RAM installed on my PC. I see the individual costs listed out at https://www.microcenter.com/site/content/repair-pricing.aspx but I'm wondering if there is a bundle for doing multiple components at once. Would this fall under the pricing for something like the Tier 1 build (https://www.microcenter.com/product/398177/micro-center-service-tier-1-custom-pc-build)?

Also, do the installation services cover the necessary driver installs for the new components?

Thank you!

Comments

• TS_BryantA
    Options
    @Vera Good Afternoon and welcome to the Micro Center Community!
    Thank you for posting your question regarding upgrade costs. This may run closer to the cost for a Tier 1 build, though cost may vary depending on how the current system is built. Unfortunately we wouldn't have exact pricing or a quote available through our website, by phone or our forums. If you come to our store with the PC in hand, a Tech Consultant will be happy to provide an estimate after review with no appointments required. 
  • TSTonyV
    TSTonyV ✭✭✭✭✭
    First Anniversary 5 Likes First Comment First Answer
    Options
    Hello @Vera! Welcome to the Community. 

I believe this would fall under a tier-1 build, since based on your wording it sounds like you already have a drive with the OS installed on it, which is the main difference between tier 1 and 2. Technically speaking OS related setup is part of tier 2, but I doubt service would have a problem installing the drivers since you already have an OS, but I think that would be at their discretion. 
  • Vera
    Options
    TSTonyV said:
    Hello @Vera! Welcome to the Community. 

I believe this would fall under a tier-1 build, since based on your wording it sounds like you already have a drive with the OS installed on it, which is the main difference between tier 1 and 2. Technically speaking OS related setup is part of tier 2, but I doubt service would have a problem installing the drivers since you already have an OS, but I think that would be at their discretion. 

Thanks! Yes, that's correct. I have an SSD with Windows 10 already set up. The PC is a custom build from about 3 years ago that is due for some upgrades (can't upgrade CPU with my current motherboard socket type).
    @TS_BryantA Thank you! Sounds good to me.
We love seeing what our customers build

Submit photos and a description of your PC to our build showcase

Submit Now
Looking for a little inspiration?

See other custom PC builds and get some ideas for what can be done

View Build Showcase

SAME DAY CUSTOM BUILD SERVICE

If You Can Dream it, We Can Build it.

Services starting at $149.99