B744: Issue with waking from sleep

Options
AnalogChild
AnalogChild ✭✭
First Anniversary Name Dropper First Comment Photogenic
edited January 2021 in General Discussion
Picked up a B744 recently and have been very pleased with its performance. However, there is one niggle that has me perplexed. The PC will enter sleep mode after one hour of inactivity, which is fine by me. The power status LED blinks to indicate it is sleeping and will light solid once I try to awaken it. However, intermittently, it will not awaken and a forced reboot is required to bring it back to life.

Any suggestions?

Comments

• PowerSpec_MichaelB
    PowerSpec_MichaelB ✭✭✭✭✭
    First Answer 5 Insightfuls First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Options
    My apologies for the late response. This is certainly an odd one. I would first start by updating the integrated graphics driver as most of your sleep functionality is handled by your graphics driver. The latest version can be found here: https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/29616/Intel-Graphics-Windows-10-DCH-Drivers?product=186604.

Should you start to experience the intermittent waking issues, notate the time that it occurs and check your Event Viewer. See if anything is written to a log file that coincides with that time frame. We can use that information for further troubleshooting to narrow down the issue.

I would also double check to see if any recent Windows 10 updates were performed that may coincide with the issue you are having. Recently Microsoft launched their Windows 10 2004 update, and while it goes without a hitch for most people, there have been some reports of various odd issues that stem from the update. Easiest way to see if you have the latest version of Windows 10 2004 is to press Windows key + R, type "winver", and look at the version number listed.

If you are not on the latest version, it might also be worth giving it a try. While updates can cause some issues, they are also known to fix other issues. Keep us in the loop and we'll work together to get to the bottom of this.
  • AnalogChild
    Options
    Thanks for the information. I checked the Windows version and it is Version 2004. Of note, I had also updated the BIOS to see if that may
    help. However, that did not fix the issue.

I will try the graphics driver update on Intel's site and report back if that solved the issue.
We love seeing what our customers build

Submit photos and a description of your PC to our build showcase

Submit Now
Looking for a little inspiration?

See other custom PC builds and get some ideas for what can be done

View Build Showcase

SAME DAY CUSTOM BUILD SERVICE

If You Can Dream it, We Can Build it.

Services starting at $149.99