UrAvgConsumer - PC Build Guide - Micro Center Build

System
System admin
5 Likes Photogenic
edited June 2020 in Your Completed Builds

imageUrAvgConsumer - PC Build Guide - Micro Center Build

This is the gaming PC assembled by Judner on his PC Build guide tutorial. Find more UrAvgConsumer content here: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC9fSZHEh6XsRpX-xJc6lT3A

Read the full story here

Comments

• awesome setup i took the challenge and built one too
  • Look jud right now the intel cpu is a horrible price for what you getting compared to what AMD Is currently offering
  • PowerSpec_MichaelB
    PowerSpec_MichaelB ✭✭✭✭✭
    First Answer 5 Insightfuls First Comment 5 Awesomes
    BadJojes said:
    Look jud right now the intel cpu is a horrible price for what you getting compared to what AMD Is currently offering
    Sometimes value and worth in general can be pretty subjective. I often find that people will settle for what might appear to be a lower price:performance option on the surface, but end up with a setup that better suits their needs in the long run. For example: If your workloads require heavy AVX optimization, you might find yourself leaning towards Intel over AMD at the moment.

Some applications may prefer raw clock speed over large thread counts, so I can certainly understand why people would invest in Intel still, despite their aging 14nm process. 

I personally enjoy an Intel rig due to the added overclocking headroom for the CPU and memory subsystem, though I do intend to jump ship to AMD when their Ryzen 4000 series processors are announced.
  • I loved Jud's video! I'm still wondering why he didn't use tweezers or a Swiss Army knife though.  ;)

Oh and excellent case choice as well. I also just upgraded my PC's case to the Lancool II, and I couldn't be happier with it. It's my first new case since 2012, and the tempered glass side panels are such an improvement over my tiny little acrylic window that really only gave me a view of my CPU cooler and part of my RAM sticks.

BTW, I'm just waiting for admin approval on the updates to my build showcase page, then I'll start sharing it around. I'm glad he's part of the Micro Center crowd!

• PowerSpec_MichaelB
    PowerSpec_MichaelB ✭✭✭✭✭
    First Answer 5 Insightfuls First Comment 5 Awesomes
    NateDZD said:

I loved Jud's video! I'm still wondering why he didn't use tweezers or a Swiss Army knife though.  ;)

Oh and excellent case choice as well. I also just upgraded my PC's case to the Lancool II, and I couldn't be happier with it. It's my first new case since 2012, and the tempered glass side panels are such an improvement over my tiny little acrylic window that really only gave me a view of my CPU cooler and part of my RAM sticks.

BTW, I'm just waiting for admin approval on the updates to my build showcase page, then I'll start sharing it around. I'm glad he's part of the Micro Center crowd!

This is actually my first time seeing his content and I gotta say, the production value is insane. I am surprised I haven't come across his work before.

I also look forward to seeing your build. I am gathering parts for a new build myself, just waiting on an HDMI 2.1 graphics card to release, then I'll show off some of the custom water cooling ideas I have.
  • Solid set up Man really appreciate the content and dedication you are putting. Quick question though what is that monitor? I know it's LG but what model?
  • I also look forward to seeing your build. I am gathering parts for a new build myself, just waiting on an HDMI 2.1 graphics card to release, then I'll show off some of the custom water cooling ideas I have.
    Nice! I'm on my 2nd major upgrade of my rig, and I'm basically at a totally modern system now. My last upgrade was way back in 2016, so it's really nice moving from an FX-6300 and GTX 1050 Ti to a Ryzen 5 3600 and RTX 2070 Super. Whenever your stuff is ready to be showcased, I'd love to see it! Mine is here. I have an AIO on the way, so I'll be switching to water cooling in the next day or so.
We love seeing what our customers build

Submit photos and a description of your PC to our build showcase

Submit Now
Looking for a little inspiration?

See other custom PC builds and get some ideas for what can be done

View Build Showcase

SAME DAY CUSTOM BUILD SERVICE

If You Can Dream it, We Can Build it.

Services starting at $149.99