New B744 - ESETMC.exe, Rapid Store Technology

Bjw
Bjw
First Comment
edited January 2021 in General Discussion
New PowerSpec B744 (i7-9700k) and having two issues;

1) This came with the trail version of ESET and at 1st boot I declined the install then was prompted to remove it which I said yes.  The system still has ESETMC.exe in the start-up apps and is also throwing 100's of event log errors daily. I downloaded the ESET uninstaller tool and it found nothing to uninstall.  What is the procedure for getting this removed ??

2) Intel Rapid Store Technology seems to be taking a long time to start the service.  It appears in the task bar but well after other system icons appear, taking a full minute to appear and another 30 sec's or more for it to run (green checkmark appearing on the icon).  Prior to the green checkmark and hovering your mouse over the icon displays "Intel Rapid Store Technology is not running").  All seems fine but I have never had a PC where IRST took so long to start up.

Thanks for any help,
Bjw

Comments

• PS:  Event log doesn't show any errors or warnings for IRST.
    Bjw
  • TS_JosephF
    TS_JosephF admin
    Photogenic First Anniversary 5 Likes First Answer
    edited June 2020
    Hello @Bjw
    You may not be able to 'uninstall' as ESET is not actually installed on the PC. You can try using Revo Uninstaller. It is free and it can detect program files that Windows does not or cannot remove. You can download it from here: https://www.revouninstaller.com/

As for the issue with the Intel Rapid Storage, I recommend reinstalling the driver and checking how the properties are set. You can download the driver from here: https://www.asus.com/us/Motherboards/PRIME-Z390-P/HelpDesk_Download/
    I am seeing that the startup type can be changed in the IRST properties. Make sure that it is set to automatic and restart the PC. 
  • Ok so before doing the IRST reinstall I decided to check the BIOS to see if an update was available.  I hit F2 while booting to get into the bios and snap-shot the screen.  I must be stupid but how do you exit the bios ??  Trying F10 it just says you made no changes and clicking on OK to that does nothing.  what am I missing ??

Thanks,
  • Never mind......this mouse is VERY touchy and after trying to click on OK it finally found the "sweet spot" on the button and closed........phew !!!

When I do the IRST driver re-install are their settings I need to make note of before hand or is it pretty much a blind install.  I'll check the properties to insure automatic is set.  Also, I tried to open IRST just now but its window only pops up for a second then immediately dis-appears.

Bjw
  • Bjw said:
    Never mind......this mouse is VERY touchy and after trying to click on OK it finally found the "sweet spot" on the button and closed........phew !!!

When I do the IRST driver re-install are their settings I need to make note of before hand or is it pretty much a blind install.  I'll check the properties to insure automatic is set.  Also, I tried to open IRST just now but its window only pops up for a second then immediately dis-appears.

Bjw
    You do not need to take note of any of the current settings. Also, if you cannot get it to open then reinstalling is likely going to solve that issue along with it not running. Once you reinstall, you should not have to change any settings.
  • Bjw
    Bjw
    First Comment
    edited June 2020
    Thanks.......I downloaded and it unzipped to 2 folders, Driver and Install.  The Driver folder has multiple files and a subfolder called 64bit , it has an AsusSetup.exe which I ran.   The installer lacked any details other than it installed successfully.   Note: I didn't uninstall anything prior to doing this.

It did fix the issue of the RST app not opening but did not do anything with regards to RST starting slow.  Services.msc shows its running and set as Automatic (delayed).  I have not tried changing to just Automatic as am unsure why the delay is preferred.  Also I found multiple errors in event viewer relating to IStor which after the driver re-install seems to have stopped.

I did notice Intel Optane Memory Manager was set to Manual in services.msc.  In task manager its stopped.  Should this not be automatic and running ??

PS: Revouninstaller free didnt find anything..  Actually, ESETMC is a MicroCenter installed startup app.   I did find in program data under startup the shortcut to the exe.   I believe deleting that shortcut will eliminate it from appearing in startup apps.  ESET support thought it was a custom app as they have no such thing as ESETMC.  

Bjw
We love seeing what our customers build

Submit photos and a description of your PC to our build showcase

Submit Now
Looking for a little inspiration?

See other custom PC builds and get some ideas for what can be done

View Build Showcase

SAME DAY CUSTOM BUILD SERVICE

If You Can Dream it, We Can Build it.

Services starting at $149.99