Very slow performance on new Inland Performance 2TB SSD 3D NAND M.2 2280 PCIe NVMe 4.0 x4 — Micro Center

Very slow performance on new Inland Performance 2TB SSD 3D NAND M.2 2280 PCIe NVMe 4.0 x4

MegalomacMegalomac Minneapolis
I purchased this PCIe 4 SSD in August and it never seemed much faster than my old SSDs.  Today I finally ran it through a few benchmarks and it scores extremely low.  I do have PCIe 4 as I have a Asus ROG STRIX X570-E GAMING motherboard paired with an AMD 3900x.  This 2tb SSD is about half full and is used as my main C: drive w/ Win10 installed.  
When using userbenchmark.com, I get an average of 2000 MB/s read / 3400 MB/s write.  This is more resembles PCIe v3 speeds.  CrystalDiskMark seems to indicate that read speeds are good, but write speeds hit a max of 980 MB/s!  I am using the heatsink that came w/ this drive.  I didn't see anything in the bios to configure this drive and it works fine, except for the speed.  Any ideas?

Comments

• I run the 1TB version of this drive with the same motherboard and CPU. It certainly does sound like it's under performing. You should not need to adjust any BIOS setting to optimized the performance of your drive. Could you post your CrystalMark results here?