Video, photo editing/ gaming PC first time builder.

Options
Need help building a pc that will render 4k videos and edit large raw photos with ease. Gaming with this pc build will also be a +. looking at a budget of around $2500.00. Not counting monitor also with room to upgrade later with extra storage space and memory.
Thanks

Comments

• TSTonyV
    TSTonyV ✭✭✭✭✭
    First Anniversary 5 Likes First Comment First Answer
    edited June 2020
    Options
    Hello @Icsparks! Welcome to the Community. 

$2500 is a really nice budget to work with. If you're doing rendering, photo editing, or any other kind of design work that's very CPU reliant, in my opinion you just can't beat the performance and value AMD is offering. You also have a lot of wiggle room for a high end graphics card: at that budget the 2080 Super and 2080 ti are both compelling options. I would do something like this:

https://www.microcenter.com/site/content/custom-pc-builder.aspx?load=2a6eca14-77f1-474f-9945-c5f28c20f353

If you do a lot of CPU rendering and multi-threaded CPU heavy work in general, the Ryzen 9 3950X is an incredible value at 16 cores/32 threads for the price, while still have good single core performance for those gaming and other single thread reliant scenarios. In multi-threaded scenarios Intel just isn't offering anything with the same performance at that price. Along with the 3950X is the Noctua NH-U14S for the CPU cooler, which is a great all around option in terms of performance and noise level without being absolutely massive inside your case. 

The 2080 Super is a great video card and will handle any game you throw at it with ease. If you switched out a few parts, e.g. jumping down to the Ryzen 9 3900X, dropping the CPU cooler (in favor of the stock cooler with the 3900X) and went with a slightly cheaper motherboard, you could bump up to the EVGA 2080 ti Black edition (which is $1200 at the moment) if you think the increased GPU performance will be more beneficial. 

I added a 1TB M.2 SSD + 2TB hard drive (for storage capacity) but your exact storage solution is flexible, if you wanted to add another M.2, for example. Like I mentioned before, you can switch out some parts here and there depending on your specific needs. 

32GB of RAM should also be plenty, and you could upgrade it up to 64GB later if you needed to go that route. 
  • Icsparks
    Options
    Thank you for the reply. Looking at your build lets me know I am on the right track. I had a build saved earlier today that is real close to what you had on your build list, I may tweak and compare the items from both lists. 
  • TSTonyV
    TSTonyV ✭✭✭✭✭
    First Anniversary 5 Likes First Comment First Answer
    Options
    Let us know if you have any other questions!
We love seeing what our customers build

Submit photos and a description of your PC to our build showcase

Submit Now
Looking for a little inspiration?

See other custom PC builds and get some ideas for what can be done

View Build Showcase

SAME DAY CUSTOM BUILD SERVICE

If You Can Dream it, We Can Build it.

Services starting at $149.99