Games crashing within 5 minutes of launch

2»

Comments

• I checked the CPU pins and, perhaps as expected, none were bent. Going to swap GPUs with a friend next weekend to see if I can prove the GPU is the issue.
  • I was able to inspect the CPU and confirmed that there are no bent pins. I had a CTD in Modern Warfare on the lowered settings so it seems they make it better but don't completely solve the issue. Still planning to start swapping out parts next
  • PowerSpec_MikeW
    PowerSpec_MikeW PowerSpec Engineer
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Worse under load. I would concur with swapping out the GPU at this point. Let us know how it turns out.
  • I swapped out my GPU (1080ti) for a friend's (1080). Using my friend's, I was able to play Modern Warfare for 2.5 hours with no issues whatsoever (though, I obviously had slightly lower frame rate than my card can achieve). I also played Black Ops 3 for about 45 min with no issues. I then swapped my GPU back in and capped the frame rate to about what I was getting with my friend's card and saw the CTD like before. Correct me if I'm wrong, but to me that confirms that my GPU is the issue. I put in a warranty claim with EVGA so I should have a replacement in a week or two. I'll report back when I have the replacement to confirm that it works. Thanks again for all of your help!
  • TSTonyV
    TSTonyV ✭✭✭✭✭
    First Anniversary 5 Likes First Comment First Answer
    Yeah, definitely confirms the GPU as the issue. Hopefully EVGA has a quick turnaround for you!
  • Replacement is in and working beautifully. Thanks again for all the help!
  • That's great to hear! 
We love seeing what our customers build

Submit photos and a description of your PC to our build showcase

Submit Now
Looking for a little inspiration?

See other custom PC builds and get some ideas for what can be done

View Build Showcase

SAME DAY CUSTOM BUILD SERVICE

If You Can Dream it, We Can Build it.

Services starting at $149.99