LG Blu Ray drive not recognized by Windows 10

Options
Allen_D
Allen_D
edited January 2021 in General Discussion
I have a PowerSpec G225, the drive works with DVD's but not Blu Ray disks, I have uninstalled the drivers and re booted a number of times, I have a Samsung drive that is doing the same thing. I'm using DVDFab, AnyMPR Blu-ray player and VLC and none of those software can read the disk. Does not show up in explorer ether. Any help with this would be greatly appreciated.

Comments

• PowerSpec_MichaelB
    PowerSpec_MichaelB ✭✭✭✭✭
    First Answer 5 Insightfuls First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Options
    Allen_D said:
    I have a PowerSpec G225, the drive works with DVD's but not Blu Ray disks, I have uninstalled the drivers and re booted a number of times, I have a Samsung drive that is doing the same thing. I'm using DVDFab, AnyMPR Blu-ray player and VLC and none of those software can read the disk. Does not show up in explorer ether. Any help with this would be greatly appreciated.
    It's odd that both your Samsung and LG drives are experiencing the same issue. My first thought would be that the disks might be region locked, but you'd receive an error stating such is the case. The fact that the drives work with DVD's but not Blu Ray's means that it's getting power/data, so it's not a physical cable issue either. I would start by updating the firmware on the LG drive first to see if it recognizes the Blu Rays afterwards: https://www.lg.com/us/support/product/lg-WH16NS40.AVAA10B

If you have different Blu Ray media to test to rule out defective disks, that would be helpful as well. Lastly, if you can recall a time that the Blu Ray portion of your optical drive worked, you can try rolling back any updates that occurred after that period or utilize system restore to that time frame to see if the Blu Ray functionality is restored. Hopefully it's a simple OS configuration issue, as it seems extremely unlikely that both of your Blu Ray optical drives are defective.
We love seeing what our customers build

Submit photos and a description of your PC to our build showcase

Submit Now
Looking for a little inspiration?

See other custom PC builds and get some ideas for what can be done

View Build Showcase

SAME DAY CUSTOM BUILD SERVICE

If You Can Dream it, We Can Build it.

Services starting at $149.99