Wanting a decent system just not sure If this will last.

Options
Last time I built a pc was in 2014 and it has lasted me fine. I am looking at starting a new with the plan to give my existing one to my son for school work i.e. minecraft hehe. 
https://www.microcenter.com/site/content/custom-pc-builder.aspx?load=042a6e36-286f-40ed-89aa-e1f76be36d45

This is the system I am looking at. I'm not 100% it is worth the 1400 or if I should downgrade some. 

Comments

• TSTonyV
    TSTonyV ✭✭✭✭✭
    First Anniversary 5 Likes First Comment First Answer
    Options
    Overall, that system should last you a while. The 3700X should scale well as software/games become more able to utilize high numbers of cores and threads. That said, I personally would recommend going with 16GB of RAM and a less expensive case. 

16GB of RAM is more than enough for most people these days, and if it's not enough you can always upgrade it later. There's nothing wrong with the case you chose at all, I just personally would go with something less expensive along with the RAM because you could then put money towards a GPU upgrade and pick up a 2070 Super instead. Personally, I'd look at the NZXT H510, Lian Li 205, or Cooler Master NR600 for the case. 

• locotumbler
    Options
    TSTonyV said:
    Overall, that system should last you a while. The 3700X should scale well as software/games become more able to utilize high numbers of cores and threads. That said, I personally would recommend going with 16GB of RAM and a less expensive case. 

16GB of RAM is more than enough for most people these days, and if it's not enough you can always upgrade it later. There's nothing wrong with the case you chose at all, I just personally would go with something less expensive along with the RAM because you could then put money towards a GPU upgrade and pick up a 2070 Super instead. Personally, I'd look at the NZXT H510, Lian Li 205, or Cooler Master NR600 for the case. 

I will look into the downgraded ram. I chose the case based on what felt the most solid when I was in store. I will make a revisit and check out the NZXT and the Lian. I did look at the Cooler Masters and it felt very flimsy. Plus I have rather large hands and will prefer the larger case for assembly and working on in the future. 

Thank you for your feedback. 

What is the major difference between the 2060 Super and the 2070 Super?
  • TSTonyV
    TSTonyV ✭✭✭✭✭
    First Anniversary 5 Likes First Comment First Answer
    Options
    The 2070 Super is just the next graphics card up with better performance. It has more cores and higher clock speeds and will be about 10-15% faster vs the 2060 Super. 
We love seeing what our customers build

Submit photos and a description of your PC to our build showcase

Submit Now
Looking for a little inspiration?

See other custom PC builds and get some ideas for what can be done

View Build Showcase

SAME DAY CUSTOM BUILD SERVICE

If You Can Dream it, We Can Build it.

Services starting at $149.99