My 11 year old son wants to build a gaming PC

Options
My 11 year old is looking to build a gaming PC.  This would be his first computer build. He likes the lights and flashy parts. He is looking to game and stream and would like 2-3 monitors. Do you recommend this undertaking?  He would need help on parts and building.

Comments

• Sburm
    Options
    Budget is around $1000
  • TSTonyV
    TSTonyV ✭✭✭✭✭
    First Anniversary 5 Likes First Comment First Answer
    Options
    If you'd like us to do the assembly for you, just keep in mind that there are labor charges for that service, starting at $149.99 and going up from there depending on the scope of the build. You can find more details here: https://www.microcenter.com/site/service/instore-service-complete-build.aspx

That said, in my opinion building a PC isn't THAT difficult. It's kind of like electronic legos. As long as you're patient and careful (and follow a good guide) you shouldn't have any issues building a system. When I built my first PC back in 2011 I just followed a video guide on YouTube and had no problems. 

Lastly, I do have a question: does that $1000 budget include the monitors, or are those separate? 
  • I would recommend going to pcpartpicker and choosing parts for your budget, then if you can, go to your local microcenter and try to take advantage of combos such as a ryzen cpu with a motherboard.
We love seeing what our customers build

Submit photos and a description of your PC to our build showcase

Submit Now
Looking for a little inspiration?

See other custom PC builds and get some ideas for what can be done

View Build Showcase

SAME DAY CUSTOM BUILD SERVICE

If You Can Dream it, We Can Build it.

Services starting at $149.99