STEAM Summer Sale Ending! What did you get?

Err0h
Err0h ✭✭✭✭✭
First Anniversary 5 Likes First Comment Name Dropper
edited June 2021 in Gaming
So as of this post, the Steam Summer Sale ends in 15 minutes (1PM EST)

What games did everyone get during the sale?  I personally picked up the following:
- Hold Fast: Nations at War
- Nascar Heat 4
- The Golf Club 2019 featuring PGA Tour
- STAR WARS Jedi: Fallen Order

Hold Fast has captured my attention the most so far.  Napoleonic era line battles and naval battles.  Absolutely fun to play and admins organize event line battles to try to get that more authentic feel to battles and there is a specific Regiment section on the UI that allows you to join Regiments in the game! 

Nascar Heat 4 is just a blast for any Nascar fans.  Works really well with wheel setups.

The Golf Club 2019 reawakened my love for older Tiger Woods games but a little more challenging

and of course, STAR WARS Jedi: Fallen Order (which I believe is considered one of the best Star Wars games ever created) is just a beautiful game.  I only have 4 hours in the game but there's so much to do and it'll definitely take some time for me to complete it lol.

Comments

• Too busy playing Valorant, Runescape 3 and Fate/Grand Order, so didn't bother with Steam Sale
  • Err0h
    Err0h ✭✭✭✭✭
    @TSPhillipT what's your Valorant rank?
  • Ichthus
    Ichthus ✭✭
    First Anniversary First Comment Name Dropper
    edited July 2020
    Runescape 3
    Something something oldschool is better. 

I didn't even know the summer sale was happening. Too bad, I probably missed Ultimate Deluxe Edition 3 Skyrim On Ice, Arcade Edition, for $60.
  • Ichthus said:
    Runescape 3
    Something something oldschool is better. 

I didn't even know the summer sale was happening. Too bad, I probably missed Ultimate Deluxe Edition 3 Skyrim On Ice, Arcade Edition, for $60.
    I'll agree that OSRS is better, but too lazy to start brand new and was maxed already on RS3, just wanted to remax.  

Finna_tv said:
    @TSPhillipT what's your Valorant rank?
    Unranked, only really enjoy playing in 5s, have 0 faith in random players haha 
  • I didn't pick up much this sale but based on the way you describe Fallen Order, I feel like I missed out.
    I did pick up Satisfactory and Gunfire Reborn.
    So far Satisfactory has been super chill. I've really just enjoyed the way it plays... very cathartic.
    Gunfire Reborn feels smooth and fun. It's a fun way to practice aim training and it's a roguelike, which I enjoy.
  • TSTonyV
    TSTonyV ✭✭✭✭✭
    First Anniversary 5 Likes First Comment First Answer
    LandShark said:
    I didn't pick up much this sale but based on the way you describe Fallen Order, I feel like I missed out.
    So far Satisfactory has been super chill. I've really just enjoyed the way it plays... very cathartic.
    Gunfire Reborn feels smooth and fun. It's a fun way to practice aim training and it's a roguelike, which I enjoy.
    I don't have satisfactory, however I've watched videos on it. 

Let me tell you, there's some real crazy nonsense you can get into with it. Do you know what happens when you make a human-sized cannon out of hyper tubes?
  • I grabbed a lot:
    DOOM Eternal, Black mesa, Halo Master Chief Collection, Skyrim, Metal Gear Solid The Phantom Pain, Dead By Daylight, Holdfast, Command and conquer remaster, Fable, Terraria, Neverwinter nights, Baldurs Gate II, Oblivion.
  • TSTonyV said:
    LandShark said:
    I didn't pick up much this sale but based on the way you describe Fallen Order, I feel like I missed out.
    I don't have satisfactory, however I've watched videos on it. 

Let me tell you, there's some real crazy nonsense you can get into with it. Do you know what happens when you make a human-sized cannon out of hyper tubes?

Lol. I can't wait to get to that. I just brought in the space elevator. Absolutely insane how massive the structures in this game feel. When you build this giant platform and then the elevator appears from the sky to latch on to the base platform. It's awe-inspiring. They do a really great job with physics in this game.
  • xBig_Manx said:
    I grabbed a lot:
    DOOM Eternal, Black mesa, Halo Master Chief Collection, Skyrim, Metal Gear Solid The Phantom Pain, Dead By Daylight, Holdfast, Command and conquer remaster, Fable, Terraria, Neverwinter nights, Baldurs Gate II, Oblivion.

That's quite the haul! Have you spent any time playing any of these titles yet?
    Skyrim and MGS are weeks of playtime if you're a completionist.
  • Err0h
    Err0h ✭✭✭✭✭
    xBig_Manx said:
    I grabbed a lot:
    That's a lot of vidya games O_o
    I haven't touched Skyrim since Xbox 360 and the game glitched out in Markarth and never removed my bounty. >:/ 
  • Ian
    Ian admin
    5 Insightfuls 5 Likes First Anniversary 5 LOLs
    I only bought Half Life: Alyx because I somehow, someway held out for a sale.
  • Finally picked up the rest of the DLC I was missing for American Truck Simulator, also grabbed The Golf Club. 
  • PowerSpec_MichaelB
    PowerSpec_MichaelB ✭✭✭✭✭
    First Answer 5 Insightfuls First Comment 5 Awesomes
    xBig_Manx said:
    I grabbed a lot:
    Man I am irked that we never got an HD re-release of Snake Eater on PC. Phantom Pain is fun & all, but nothing compares to the best 10 minute ladder scene in all of video games.

As for the Summer Sale, I hope people managed to pick up For The King for $7.99. I cannot recommend this little game enough. By far the most fun I've had in a long time with friends, mostly due to the wacky art-style, animations and surprisingly difficult combat. If you are a fan of the JRPG combat genre combined with DnD style classes, you'll love it.
  • Err0h
    Err0h ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2020
    Ian said:
    I only bought Half Life: Alyx because I somehow, someway held out for a sale.
    Isn't that the VR game?  How is it?
We love seeing what our customers build

Submit photos and a description of your PC to our build showcase

Submit Now
Looking for a little inspiration?

See other custom PC builds and get some ideas for what can be done

View Build Showcase

SAME DAY CUSTOM BUILD SERVICE

If You Can Dream it, We Can Build it.

Services starting at $149.99