Which is better secondary ssd for holding game library. Samsung vs WD

Options
I am looking to buy a second ssd for my 2020 HP Omen 15. I am between the Samsung 970 Evo Plus @ $190 and the WD Black SN750 @ $150. Which is better? Is there a difference? Whats the better bang for my buck.

Comments

• Err0h
    Err0h ✭✭✭✭✭
    First Anniversary 5 Likes First Comment Name Dropper
    Options
    For me, Samsung has always been the creme de la creme of Solid State drives and what I currently purchase despite the price difference.   This webpage article breaks it down to the very specific details.

The 970+ IS better technically, but if anyone ever asked me for a recommendation based on a budget, any SSD will do when it comes to storing game libraries.  The only time I think having the faster loading time mattered was back during the H1Z1 battle royal days (2015-2016) where whoever loaded the fastest, landed the fastest. 
  • Ibarbarianex
    Options
    Ahh I see, yeah someone else told me that too about game storage makes no difference in loading speed. According to Samsung site they say it has themo control. While the WD needs the heat sink version which is not laptop compatible.  So if SSD  thermos aren't that important than price would be only issue. Just wanted to see if paying more was justified lol.
  • Err0h
    Err0h ✭✭✭✭✭
    First Anniversary 5 Likes First Comment Name Dropper
    Options
    I mean as a Samsung fan boi, I'd say yes, totally justified :D lol
  • Ibarbarianex
    Options
    Hahaha I had a feeling that was the case.. but i am also a slight Samsung fanboi.
We love seeing what our customers build

Submit photos and a description of your PC to our build showcase

Submit Now
Looking for a little inspiration?

See other custom PC builds and get some ideas for what can be done

View Build Showcase

SAME DAY CUSTOM BUILD SERVICE

If You Can Dream it, We Can Build it.

Services starting at $149.99