How to Clear Cache on Mozilla Firefox (PC/Mac)

Options
TSPhillipT
TSPhillipT admin
5 Likes First Anniversary Photogenic First Comment
edited May 2023 in General Discussion

Why should I clear the cache?

Clearing the cache from Firefox can be beneficial for your computer.  It can help:

• Protect your personal information

• Your browser runs more efficiently for a better online experience

• Prevent you from using old auto-fill on forms

• Pro-actively stop scam pop-ups from appearing

Whenever you visit a website, your browser stores a temporary cached version of that webpage.  This enables your computer browser to efficiently bring up this website again in case you return to it.  Cached files generally contain saved data for the website as well such as text size preference, language, layout, etc.  

However, that same cached data can sometimes enable scam pop-ups to occur on your computer and no one wants to deal with that sort of scare.  In this article, we’re going to show you how to easily clear the browser cache from Mozilla Firefox.  

You can skip Steps 1-3 by pressing CTRL + Shift + DEL or COMMAND + SHIFT + DEL for Mac all at the same time.  If you are having issues doing this, please proceed with step one.

1) Click on the Menu in the top right of Mozilla Firefox window.

imagepng

2) Click on History from the list of options.

p-N8PpZwb5F9wNRd9vhnHzD8_yIy8VW420Yymi7pRGRGKRW1iCp5mQNNUOLexa7lGPDWUJOhbjm8cp-tsshfYXV5i32ZmivsOVTJoTek3VZQ2MPyf_eruP7OjPTjxAqHRgZpci2t

3) On the "History" menu, click on Clear Recent History...

aTDfT1Bu-Ug2dmd1lfsLO0kiaR16hJhowrAQ3lRulLBBDatal65l_ZFYMduKA0R5V5f-furIPiKBmfFsMhE_WiSl0PD8NzCnZDW3W21q5KXoTIyI66SV7-l6sHymF6XbUQui8sD2

4) Change the Time range to clear: to the desired time range.

I recommend changing it to Everything. Deselect Browsing & Download History, Cookies, Active Logins, and Form & Search History. Leave Cache checked and then click Clear Now.  

You can leave Browsing & Download History, Cookies, Active Logins or Form & Search History checked if you would like to clear all the websites you have visited, clear all downloads you have made on the browser, the cookies that websites have left on your browser, active logins on accounts or your search history.  

-CEok3YyVdQEH854Dxlyf5EjnKH1mwpt73x5UZ3RJpHWQOiaxejKXtUT11ApY7H3VD4yELJ6S_tmxnnpjDi0x2MGQPxoSjlOxvn5WhZaokCuy5ewHcu-i3eT9VsgTsJTl--3smpJ

5) That's it!

We also have instructions for other browsers as well!

We love seeing what our customers build

Submit photos and a description of your PC to our build showcase

Submit Now
Looking for a little inspiration?

See other custom PC builds and get some ideas for what can be done

View Build Showcase

SAME DAY CUSTOM BUILD SERVICE

If You Can Dream it, We Can Build it.

Services starting at $149.99