NZXT H1 Build

Options
Disturbed
Disturbed
First Comment
edited September 2020 in Help Choosing Parts
Good day,
I'm finding selecting parts for the H1 case to be quite tricky due to size constraints. I've checked out a number of video reviews and the NZXT build site as well. I'm doing an AMD build and would really like to get the RX 5700XT. If that's not possible can someone please suggest an RTX 2070 Super make and model that will fit?
Here is a link to my current build: https://www.microcenter.com/site/content/custom-pc-builder.aspx?load=640b6c59-c858-4c87-8b46-1c5a2d25d212 

Comments

• TSTonyV
    TSTonyV ✭✭✭✭✭
    First Anniversary 5 Likes First Comment First Answer
    Options
    For this kind of case you'll want to check the case clearance specs that NZXT has listed:

GPU Clearance:
    • Dimension - 305mm x 128mm; 265mm x 145mm
    • Thickness - Up to 2.5 Slots
    From their product page. You can check the size of the GPU if you check the specs sheet. The GPU you select is 255 x 135, so it should fit just fine in the case. 
  • Interested to see what the sizes of the new Nvidia 30 series GPU's are going to be. Hopefully at least one of them will fit in this case! 
  • TSTonyV
    TSTonyV ✭✭✭✭✭
    First Anniversary 5 Likes First Comment First Answer
    Options
    Disturbed said:
    Interested to see what the sizes of the new Nvidia 30 series GPU's are going to be. Hopefully at least one of them will fit in this case! 
    They should be relatively normal. The RTX 3090 is 313mm, 138mm wide, and occupies three slots which is in line with other large triple-slot cards available on the market right now. I'm sure there will be plenty of options available! Can't wait to see what designs the board partners come up with. 
  • Seems like some of the AIB cards do fit. Checking out some video reviews, issue is not with running it but the noise and heat that get's generated when the card is running at 4k. Not sure yet, but I may go for the highest end 3070 as long as it's under 300w. Alternatively I could just go for the 3080 and undervolt it - apparently this is ok and under 10% performance is lost. Not sure about the long-term affects of doing this are,,
  • JS_MC
    Options
    Yeah, I'd recommend waiting a bit. I'm sure there will be more reviews and you may be able to find one with your specific case or parts combo. Another option for you might be the 20Gb 3080. Not sure of when it will be released but I have seen rumors about the upcoming cards. As you mentioned undervolting or limiting the power that your card has access to can reduce the heat that your card produces, but it does so at a performance loss. That's the beauty of PC, you can change and adjust your settings to do what you want.
  • aamra
    Options
    Can anyone please let me know if GALAX GeForce® RTX 2070 Super EX (Dual Fan) will fit inside NZXT H1?

From GALAX website I found this about the GPU dimension:
    Dimensions(with Bracket): 295*143*52mm
    Dimensions(without Bracket): 285*127*52mm

https://www.galax.com/en/graphics-card/20-series/galax-geforce-rtx-2070-super-ex-whitre-1click.html

Since I am new to PC building, a clear YES or NO answer would be extremely helpful. And I can move forward returning the H1 or GPU or plan something else out. 

Thank you!! 

• JS_MC
    JS_MC admin
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Answer
    edited November 2020
    Options
    NZXT lists the H1 to have
    GPU Clearance:
    • Dimension - 305mm x 128mm; 265mm x 145mm
    • Thickness - Up to 2.5 Slots
    Based on this info, I'd say the card does not fit. It appears to be too long.
    I also found this 3000 series Compatibility chart on their page. https://i2.wp.com/blog.nzxt.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/09/Chart-7.jpg?ssl=1

Hope this helps.
We love seeing what our customers build

Submit photos and a description of your PC to our build showcase

Submit Now
Looking for a little inspiration?

See other custom PC builds and get some ideas for what can be done

View Build Showcase

SAME DAY CUSTOM BUILD SERVICE

If You Can Dream it, We Can Build it.

Services starting at $149.99