OSX will not install on MacBook Pro 2009

Options
My Hard Disk is readable on iMac 2007 but won't boot or read in MacBook Pro 2009. I tried to reinstall El Capitan to resolve slow computer (silly idea? ).  I aIso tried installing Snow Leopard from original disks-no luck. I downloaded install from Apple.  In all cases the install proceeds to the end, then fails with this message:
"OSX could not be  installed on your computer. 
No packages were eligible for install.
Contact software manufacturer for assistance.
Quit the installer to restart your your computer and try again."
I have retried probably 10 times with the same result. I have reformatted my disk-no luck. I installed a Windows SSD and  it runs perfectly in my MacBook. The only thing  I have  not done is  make my flash drive bootable. What am I missing???? 

Comments

• PowerSpec_MikeW
    PowerSpec_MikeW PowerSpec Engineer
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Options
    Check your date and time. If you can't see it, open Terminal in the recovery environment and type: date

Let us know what it's set to.
  • jlmiles
    Options
    9:11pm  7/16/2020  it is now 2:12pm on 7/16
  • PowerSpec_MikeW
    Options
    Believe the security certificates for El Capitan expired last October. The date  being correct may be our problem. Go back into terminal and type this:

date 0101120017
    Press enter and restart. Try the installation again.
  • jlmiles
    Options
    I changed the date in terminal now I get this error when installing El Capitan from flash drive.  "An error occurred while preparing the installation. Try running the application again.  I formatted my SSD drive with disk utility with  quid partition.  
  • PowerSpec_MikeW
    Options
    That's the error you get when the date and time are wrong. Are you connected to the internet when you're trying the install now? Try an installation method, 10.6 discs, would work, that doesn't connect.

To change the date back the format is: date <month-2 digit><day-2 digit><time-military><year-2 digit>

We love seeing what our customers build

Submit photos and a description of your PC to our build showcase

Submit Now
Looking for a little inspiration?

See other custom PC builds and get some ideas for what can be done

View Build Showcase

SAME DAY CUSTOM BUILD SERVICE

If You Can Dream it, We Can Build it.

Services starting at $149.99