Motherboard selection for a 3900x build

Options
I am working on building a new computer using a 3900x and some parts are have already picked up or had on hand.  The motherboard is the only thing I havent decided on.  It will mainly be used for gaming. Will likely have 3+ monitors attached and I will be focused on upgradeability.  I am thinking of setting myself a budget around $400 max as that seems to be a good median without overspending just to get the newest thing.  I currently have:
  1. Case:                                 Fractal Design Define 7
  2. Power Supply:                   Corsair HXi1000
  3. Ram:                                  Corsair Vengeance Pro 32GB  DDR4 3200 (PS4 25600)
  4. Graphic Card:                     Asus Rog Strix Geforce GTX 1070ti 8GB (Will be upgraded once next gen cards are released)
  5. HD:                                    970 Evo NVMe PCIe M.2 1TB or 970 Evo Plus PCIe M.2 1TB

Comments

• TSTonyV
    TSTonyV ✭✭✭✭✭
    First Anniversary 5 Likes First Comment First Answer
    Options
    What kind of features are you looking for in your motherboard?

If you want a lot of troubleshooting features like BIOS flashback, dual BIOS, post error LED displays, etc... then you could look at the Gigabyte X570 Aorus Master or the ASUS X570 ROG Crosshair VIII Hero. Both those options are just under your $400 max and would be good choices.

If you're not terribly concerned about all the bells and whistles troubleshooting features, you could get something like the ASUS X570 TUF Gaming Plus or the Gigabyte X570 Aorus Pro for a more cost effective option. 
We love seeing what our customers build

Submit photos and a description of your PC to our build showcase

Submit Now
Looking for a little inspiration?

See other custom PC builds and get some ideas for what can be done

View Build Showcase

SAME DAY CUSTOM BUILD SERVICE

If You Can Dream it, We Can Build it.

Services starting at $149.99